Re: Introducing new Game Modes

by Muaddib0Arakis

Original Post

★★ Novice

Hey sorry to be a noob, but where is the game  mode for those that want to play Without paying? 
It seems ridiculous to me to limit how far a person can level if they dont intend to pay.

I have no problem paying for a game 

but gaining an advantage based on monetary input AS WELL as limiting the advancement of those that dont want to pay seems a tad outdated and the way you “balance” the matches is the same as an adult beating a child but with one hand behind their back.

Anyway, fun game but Id like a mode where you Cannot pay money to gain an advantage in game.

Message 21 of 30 (6,995 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@DeathIronic wrote:

Game mode for those that want to play Without paying?

There isn't one unless one counts unranked tournaments. Your level is determined by how long you have played. Players with level 9 units have played an average of 1 to 2 months longer than players of level 8. Its a long and steady grind from level 1 all the way to level 15. The process is sped up by means of purchases, but their too expensive for their worth. A 10% price would be more than enticing for tons of player to spend their cash on upgrading.

Message 22 of 30 (6,982 Views)

If you don’t level up any units but 6 of them, you can get to level 10’s easily and in less than 2 months without paying. 

Just pick 6 of the units you already have and concentrate on those and only those. 

Message 23 of 30 (6,968 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:

If you don’t level up any units but 6 of them, you can get to level 10’s easily and in less than 2 months without paying. 

Just pick 6 of the units you already have and concentrate on those and only those. 

I don't think I want to do that. I have a late game unit in my deck which took time to unlock. Its the stealth tank, it works quite well as an anti-air and vehicle harass. I'm fine with taking it slow and ensuring all units are at the same level. Have you ever used tech along with scarabs? Use the scarabs to defend the harvester and you can bring tech before the 2nd missile starts charging.

Message 24 of 30 (6,948 Views)

[ Edited ]

@EinarThePillager wrote:

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:

I don't think I want to do that. I have a late game unit in my deck which took time to unlock. Its the stealth tank, it works quite well as an anti-air and vehicle harass. I'm fine with taking it slow and ensuring all units are at the same level. Have you ever used tech along with scarabs? Use the scarabs to defend the harvester and you can bring tech before the 2nd missile starts charging.

Nope. Don’t like Scarabs, tech, or anything ridiculous like the shatterer or anything that looks like a bug. As former military myself, I only like conventional units so I only upgrade those 6. I’m at almost all level 11’s with those 6. When they get to 12’s I’ll go back to Masters. 

Message 25 of 30 (6,938 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EinarThePillager You encountered that too?! haha... SAME.

When i scouted the area using drone swarms, i spotted an avatar, so i just... you know... do nothing, if the avatar tries to attack my base, then it has to step off the pad that will allow me to charge, if he is on the pad, i will stall the pad forever. Because victory is already mine as soon as he deploys the avatar.

Not to mention i can destroy the avatar using a humble swarm of drones.
Message 26 of 30 (6,927 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@XanderTheV wrote:
@EinarThePillagerYou encountered that too?! haha... SAME.

When i scouted the area using drone swarms, i spotted an avatar, so i just... you know... do nothing, if the avatar tries to attack my base, then it has to step off the pad that will allow me to charge, if he is on the pad, i will stall the pad forever. Because victory is already mine as soon as he deploys the avatar.

Not to mention i can destroy the avatar using a humble swarm of drones.

You're replying to my quote that was placed last july. Sometimes it can be unpredictable what units a person might drop in a showdown cause at the start of the match, its all-in and not raise your economy first then fight.

Message 27 of 30 (6,912 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@xMaksuss Showdown sucks,10 coins in f2p, if i win all 10 Games i get 100 coins – that‘s disgusting... i‘m ok with People buying, but i don‘t feel the slightest bit of motivation to participate in this event, that should Never be the case in an f2p Game imo
Message 28 of 30 (6,048 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
@xMaksuss I might just be real green but I have noticed on the replays I see people putting out units but not gathering any resources what us
Message 29 of 30 (5,479 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Muaddib0Arakis Is being used to me seems like a money hack. Is it going to be used will it be disabled for showdown?
Message 30 of 30 (5,474 Views)