Interesting game, however a game breaking problem has happened.

by Aetheogh

Original Post

Interesting game, however a game breaking problem has happened.

★ Apprentice

Soviet Mission Covert Clean up.  Suppose to use Dogs to get the spy. However dogs cannot get past the allied turret, they keep getting killed. Tried different ways for over 15 minutes and gave up.  

I remember this mission back when it first came out. Got really upset with lack of support from Westwood that ended up doing search for cheat codes just to get past that mission.  

Message 1 of 6 (750 Views)

Re: Interesting game, however a game breaking problem has happened.

★★★ Newbie

You need to go right and free some grenadiers.
They can destroy the turret.

Message 2 of 6 (706 Views)

★ Apprentice

Allied Mission with Tanya blowing up bridges, mission failures

CC mission with commando, another mission failure (how in the heck can a commando survive with 20+ mobs on him, tried running yet those attack cars was faster then he was). 

Message 3 of 6 (694 Views)

★ Pro

It's not just me, some of the missions are different to their original counterparts.

I was playing Red Alert Retaliation Mission Allied 1 (Destroy a convoy before it can escape). I played the mission very recently on PS3 (Sony PSN Game), and had no problems. Played on the Remaster today, and got wiped out quicker than what I could counteract. First it was Dogs that have had there Waypoint changed (they avoid the Minigunners and eat the spies), then it's the Heavy Tank that comes from the north sooner than he should. Normally, I've got a source of income before that Tank shows up. Also, another waypoint that has been changed on that mission means that one of the tanks that comes with some Grenadiers completely avoids the Anti-Tank Mine that he's meant to run into, witch means I lose my Missile men and my Tank in seconds before I've even got any production going.

I was playing Tiberian Dawn GDI Mission 1 before that, and I noticed that the Gunboat had a lot less health than before. Also, when I was playing PATSUX, the Tiberian wasn't regenerating as quickly as expected. My Mammoth Tanks also appeared weaker than on the original PS1 Version of that same mission. Not only was my income slower, but the units were weaker. I tried the same mission on the Unofficial CnCNet Version I have got, and there is no difference there compared to PS1, so why is the Remaster so different.

Talking of the mission PATSUX, something I never noticed before on PS1 or CNCNet releases, there is a Texture issue on the map. The River (South Section) looks bad, like an overlap gone wrong.

Message 4 of 6 (654 Views)

★ Apprentice

Completed the Dogs mission.

Soviet Mission, Core of the Matter..   Are you kidding me.   No way possible.  Those barrels kill off some of my troops, rest get killed right off the bat by hostile troops.

Am wondering if the devs ever played these missions without using dev cheats, because as it stands now this game is unplayable.

Message 5 of 6 (628 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Aetheogh 

Wow, you just posted, two times in a row, that something was absolutely impossible, only to later come back having beaten it.

And then you do exactly the same thing a third time. See a trend there?

These games are brutal. You basically lose until you figure out a way to win. It's always been there. It's not game breaking. It's not a bug. It's just Command & Conquer. You will have to be clever, and occasionally quick, to figure it out.

In this last case, you just gotta be fast to move the troops to the right. It's really not that complicated or hard. If you feel it goes too fast to properly respond to it... lower the game speed.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 6 of 6 (521 Views)