Re: I won't pay to win

by diablosdungeon

Original Post

I won't pay to win

★★★ Apprentice

If there is no grade gap, this will be a good game.

Message 1 of 7 (631 Views)

★★★ Newbie

All "free" games are like this. 2 options pay or grind. I'm sure if this game, no matter how fun or good", had a price tag of $20 attached to it you and i wouldn't have got it. The pay part accounts for the 80% whom play till the lvl grind starts and the 15% that grind. About 5% pay but it only means they hit the top ranks instantly. No fun there. The 15% enjoy the grind and get satisfaction in self accomplishment and the 80% jump to the next "free" game. I love the grind in the game. I think its a huge wall they put up but remember ppl have to make a living.  

Message 2 of 7 (529 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is going to sound bias, but the P2W in Rivals isn't nearly as bad as it appears on the surface.

It's true that money will make your army stronger and those who open their wallets will breeze through the ranks with less "grinding".

However, so long as the majority of the players aren't these cash whales (and from my experience so far they definitely are not the majority). These P2W players can mostly be ignored. You'll chalk up a few losses to them, but matches are so quick and these whales so few that most of your matches will be balanced.

I haven't spent any money and I've gotten many hours of enjoyment so far.

Message 3 of 7 (514 Views)

★ Novice
I’ve gotten tons of play time in the last 3 days since I found the game and also spent money and I still don’t feel behind or ahead of anyone, I spent money because I would like to open as many crates as possible and build my collection up so I can enjoy as much of the game as possible right away.
Message 4 of 7 (482 Views)

★★★★ Guide
lies ive been on at the beginning and P2W is real and ive seen it
Message 5 of 7 (441 Views)

★★ Novice

The person who was 1st on the leaderboard for season 1 hasn't spent any money

Message 6 of 7 (414 Views)

★★ Guide

Ive played many mobile games over the years. Some were good, others atrotious. A develper told me the amount of people who pay for anything is typically 2-7%. Although Ive never read them, there are books discussing how to make your own highly profitable mobile game. You sink in time,money, or both. 

Im flabbergasted EA would return so quickly to loot crates. I thought this company would have learned its lesson. Like the momentum players in the stock market, EA was waiting to make a return once the heat died down. 

Message 7 of 7 (411 Views)