Game Balance and Matchmaking - We want your feedback!

by EA_Alexander

Original Post

Re: Game Balance and Matchmaking - We want your feedback!

★ Novice

There is a bug in the system where I can't add new favorite replays anymore. It reset my favorite replays but the cap still stayed at 5 hence I can't add new replays for this season. It has happened to 2 seasons now and no fix in sight 

Message 841 of 893 (899 Views)

★★★ Newbie

As far as the Titan unit goes, if you look at the price of it you will easily see that it is a unit that cannot be produced until late in the game while sacrificing a lot of things to be able to get to it it is the most expensive unit in the game I think. It cost  240 tiberium

Unit

Message 842 of 893 (859 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Alexander No matches are not fair or fun my opponents seem to be able to build higher costs units faster than i can build the lowest cost unit in the game
Message 843 of 893 (814 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I totally agree 👍

Message 844 of 893 (813 Views)

★ Novice

Ion Canon is too powerful. Not fun to play against. 
The proof? Most players use it!

Impossible to built  a defense against this weapon. Game will be more strategic if you reduce the power of ion canon.

Message 845 of 893 (783 Views)

★★ Novice

Match making is extremely unbalanced. 

Especially for people that have low level units.

Maybe, Either add an element that allows for choosing matchups,

or how about Make it so the coins won/lost is the actual coins (and difference between) that the player is in possession of.

Or maybe Make it so a challenge battle is actually a challenge for the higher leveled opponent instead of them also being rewarded for just being higher level( when it says challenge battle for you, it is ALSO a challenge battle for the opponent, not sure if anyone realizes this.

It is quite obvious the game is designed to help higher leveled players win.

Message 846 of 893 (699 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Game is made for 1 purpose and 1 purpose only. Make money. Match making is done in such a way that lower level players get matched against high level players and thus have 0 chance of even winning to make them think they need to pay to have a chance. The so called "game" is all about making players feel like the only way to win is pay.  This system is in every game this company makes and its disgraceful. 

It is really sad to see such a great name be tarnished in the name of greed and predatory tactics.

So all in all there is no point asking for anything that helpful to lower players as it will lower the potential income of the game and thus will never actually happen.

Message 847 of 893 (667 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’m a new player this is my fourth one month. I’ve made it to the masters twice in three months before so I spent anywhere from 1500 to 2 grand on this game game. I’m told I’m in the top 1%. But I’m losing more than 50% of my matches how can I be in the top 1% die and lose more than 50% of my matches that makes absolutely no sense. It’s either they’re intentionally matching me up against people who are over the top for me or you’re trying to say that no one but the top 1% are playing at any given time and I’m always gonna be masking somebody who’s got years of experience and this is like abusive I’m serious man you know you’ll gladly give me six losses in a row but I can’t win I’ve looked at the leaderboard and I’ve seen him he’s in the same universe they aren’t same strategies and they’re winning 90% of their battles with the same arm is that I am only winning 30% of mine that makes no sense.

Message 848 of 893 (865 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There is a counter to the sandstorm either use Grenadier’s or use the NOD equivalent of them both of them worked really well for destroying the sandstormThere is a counter to the same sandstorm either use many dears Grenadier’s or use the NOD equivalent of them both of them worked really well for destroying the sandstorm. And the Rocketeer also work in a pinch

Message 849 of 893 (864 Views)

★ Novice

It's almost not worth playing when the opponent has way over powered units. Most of the matched opponents have units that I don't have. Which isn't that big of a deal other than the fact I don't any way to COUNTER or STRIKE EM. ITS NOT FAIR AT ALL! I'd much rather sit in lobby looking for a more even match. Rather than getting into a match right away that I have zero chance to win not to mention it isn't fun at all. And it can't be very fun to just walk through weaker units. I don't mind a challenge but when 1 has overpowered units and they are a higher level... Its a waste of my time, energy and (thankfully only a small amount of) money. Id rather play computer bots and that's sad. If it doesn't get changed/fixed soon I'll be done! On the other hand I would enjoy playing and spend money if it does get fixed. Thank you for your time

Message 850 of 893 (844 Views)