Re: Game Balance and Matchmaking - We want your feedback!

by sFlight

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I’m level 32 and all my matches seem to be against level 60 people with maxed out units which crush me.  I end up resigning g all my games after first missile so I get the meager rewards doled out for feeding the whales.  The balance on match making is really horrible for skill and rewards!  At a minimum you should consider escalating rewards for every challenge match played to completion and lost. Reset if you win, or get a normal match.  At least I’d be able to catch up and be rewarded for being the patsy that gets fed to the level 60 guys

Message 831 of 893 (1,725 Views)

★ Novice

Whilst Diamond  levels matches are Capped at Level 11, Master levels matches should be Capped at Level 12 and not 13!

Message 832 of 893 (1,696 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

My experience with matchmaking is terrible. I only ever get challenge battles and its ALWAYS against players with high level units 2-3 levels higher than my highest. Every time I progress a level the matchmaking matches me against higher players again. I quickly realised the only way to even progress is to spend money and even after spending enough to buy a full brand new console game, I am still matching with players way above my level. I may win 1 in 10 because that 1 is probably someone who’s spent a tonne of money to get high level but isn’t good at the game. 

The matchmaking is broken. Full stop. You need to stop with making it a challenge battle against someone with higher units every single match and start matching evenly. Put a level 10 player against a level 10, not a level 6. I love C&C, but this micro purchasing is a complete and utter scam. I would be happy to spend money if I thought it would actually make any difference. Fix the matchmaking and them maybe you won’t have so many bad reviews.

Message 833 of 893 (1,524 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@JosephWCarlJr the problem is that whales sit in the lower tiers and wait for players like yourself, so they can crush you about feel good about themselves at the same time
Message 834 of 893 (1,393 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Master league needs to be changed into max level 12 not 13.  The level jump from 11 to 13 is ALOT of grind and/or money.  Now in Tib level its supposed to be a super grindy or unless you got a bunch of cash laying around to max out your units.  Also there needs to be a spot where you can buy cards you need, not the random cards that pop up everyday. 

Message 835 of 893 (1,385 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Master league needs to be changed into max level 12 not 13.  The level jump from 11 to 13 is ALOT of grind and/or money.  Now in Tib level its supposed to be a super grindy or unless you got a bunch of cash laying around to max out your units.  Also there needs to be a spot where you can buy cards you need, not the random cards that pop up everyday. 

Message 836 of 893 (1,345 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Big Tech needs a balance over haul as well as killing harvys needs to be -100 not -80 

Message 837 of 893 (1,341 Views)

★ Novice

The game is very frustrating and there is no ‘fair’ balance. Especially when there is a challenge in progress, level 8 vs. Level 11.....really? It is no fun for either party. One is a whitewash and one is an easy winner. It’s supposed to be a game of strategy so why not match players more equally? 

Message 838 of 893 (1,259 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The matchmaking in Challenge Battles is an absolute joke. There is no way this game is fare and you people at EA Help don't give a damn either. I have contacted you over 10 time because of this issue, and on all occasions I was given no clarity as to how the issue would be resolved? Absolutely disgusted as to how EA Help have handled this situation. As no on will step up to the plate and take the initiative to try and sort it out. This is EA Help, but I have had NO help whatsoever. 

Message 839 of 893 (1,231 Views)

★ Novice

99% of my battles are challenge battles now. Right away the other player will attack your harvesters and you don't stand a chance. I've just gotten into the habit of just quitting those games as they're pointless to play. 

If I get 6-7 challenge battles in a row I just give up and play something else. 

Message 840 of 893 (1,134 Views)