Command & Conquer Remastered - Crash

by DC71

Original Post

Re: Command & Conquer Remastered - Crash

★★★ Novice

And also that's not a solution. That's a workaround, and they need to fix this asap. Because don't forget. The Origin will be substituted by the Ea Desktop in the end of this year. So fix the game the EA Desktop whatever you want and needed guys. Because we paid for the products and we want to play. Also we are waiting enough, almost a week to find and fix this. Installing Origin it's not a solution. If the Ea Desktop will be officially the future program, in spite being beta, this kind of crashes it's, unacceptable coming from you guys. Don't disappointed us please. So I'm asking anybody working in EA officially, inform us of the situation and if will be a fix very soon if it's possible?    

Message 41 of 79 (2,012 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Many thanks to @tascel and @ardnerus 

I can confirm that installing Origin is at least a workaround.

I couldn't find the download link for Origin (pages would redirect to EA Games and the stupid EA Desktop app), but I managed to find a link here:  https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/Where-do-I-download-OriginSetup-exe-instead-of-Origin...

After downloading Origin, I uninstalled the EA Desktop App, but I left the Command & Conquer files installed.

After installing Origin, I signed in using my EA Game username/password, and after a few seconds, could see that the Command & Conquer install was being verified.

Once that finished, I was able to start Command & Conquer and it worked.

In regards to EA Games and the developers, all they need to do is roll back to the previous working version.

That should not be difficult at all, and is a quick fix.

It astounds me that they haven't even done that yet.

Message 42 of 79 (1,983 Views)

★ Novice
@Jasp1134 Win 10 or 11 it does not matter i tried both
Message 43 of 79 (1,924 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Confirming the same experience, DC71, and can add that my saved progress done with the EA app (before it started causing the issue) was all there, so when I switched to the Origin launcher, I was able to pick up from where I left...

Message 44 of 79 (1,772 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been getting the same error all weekend and today. None of the "fixes" in here have worked for me including the Origin workaround.

Message 45 of 79 (1,742 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same here,nothing works for a few days. Connecting with Xbox GamePass, so can't try with Origin. Anyway I hope it will be fixed soon...

Message 46 of 79 (1,665 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

That's really strange @SRLK1986 .

Even after installing Origin you're still getting Petroglyph error?

Have you completely uninstalled Command & Conquer (it's a 25 GB download, so understandable if you haven't).

I didn't have to uninstall it when I tested with Origin, but I had uninstalled/reinstalled prior to that.

@BOZZZO_THE_CLOWN doesn't seem to have a working version either, so the question is, what's different?

Message 47 of 79 (1,658 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So strange! I was able to get Orgin working - now when i click on the game in launcher - when id usually get the Petroglyph error - no error appears now and it goes right back to Orgin LOL 

Message 48 of 79 (1,645 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same here, crashing! I have uninstalled all, clean registry , etc and install all back again ( EA and Games) and still crashing

Message 49 of 79 (1,525 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately I am now in the middle of downloading the dame again and cannot test this out. A user in another forum has suggested this and some others have confirmed it will work, wish I hadn't uninstalled it now if this was an easy workaround.

"From the EA App click top left corner / Settings / Application tab / Disable In-game overlay and Notifications

I have a feeling it's the overlay that's deaded."

Message 50 of 79 (9,634 Views)