Coming Soon: Rivals Race

by EA_dance210

Original Post

Re: Coming Soon: Rivals Race

★ Guide

@AlphonseDisciple @Sorry about the tampon comment. Was trying to playful troll you since you are obviously upset about the lack of changes in this game. Hope we are cool.

Message 21 of 41 (824 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Tstillman24 All good big homie.
Message 22 of 41 (806 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@EA_dance210 wrote:

@AlphonseDisciple 

I can only speak a bit on the no nuke thing, as it was before I joined the C&C: Rivals team. From my (limited) understanding, it's not that no nuke can't work - obviously with base destruction it can. It's more that the...I'm going to say flow of the game, didn't work with no nuke for the main ladder. Again, just because it didn't work then doesn't mean that it's not something that can work in the future.

As for the modes - I'm hoping you can give me a bit of time on this one. This is something that I'm actually working on now, getting all the info to present to y'all. I would prefer to wait until I have everything before saying too much. I do want to temper expectations though - if you're looking for huge, sweeping changes (e.g. 2v2 or a battle royale) that probably won't be coming in the first iterations.

I never think that you're using me as a whipping post. My job as Community Manager is to take your feedback, suggestions and frustrations back to the rest of the development team Standard smile

I would suggest different rules for the no nuke matches. One of two things are accounted for to see who wins. One is the number of units lost and the other, the number of units that has successfully infiltrated the enemy base. The more units are lost, the more likely a person would lose against his opponent, unless his opponent lost a far greater count of units. The infiltrate game mode involves sending units to the enemy base so they may disappear upon trying to attack it. Each unit that disappears adds to the total score of a player. One with the highest score wins.

Message 23 of 41 (787 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EinarThePillager I don’t care about how many units I lose. I only care about burning the opponents base to the ground. Lol

I use Scarabs. Counting units lost wouldn’t be fair. And a lot of people use Fanatics. Who’s benefit is for them to die. So that’s not an idea I like.
Message 24 of 41 (780 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well, the best thing about Rivals Race might be that after the ranked reset, it could take less time for ranked to go back to the normal state, because people have incetive to push during the whole map.

I would personally like domination game mode. Unit need to stay on the platform for a few seconds to take control over it. The platforms generate score for the respective player and at specific tresholds, you get a nuke on the enemy base. Nukes deal 1/3 damage to the base and the base have more health. In that game mode, replace the silo with rocks, but on Blidspot for example, replace it with other unpassable terrain.

Maps or a game mode, where there are neutral unit on the map could be good as well. Armed neutal units, just objects to destroy or even both.

These things could fit into the game easyer, C&C wouldn't take itself this seriously.

I think we need csore and elimination based game modes and the current nuke game mode doesn't really defines itself and leaves too much room for stalling. I didn't noticed that making new game modes could be this hard.

Message 25 of 41 (737 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_dance210 🆕 βΔCK TΩ βΔSICS 🆕 GΔMΣ MΩDΣ : "

HΩω IT ωΩRKS : βΣST 2 ΩUT ΩҒ 3 MΔTCHΣS " ωITH SPIΣS , ΣΠGIΠΣΣRS & DIҒҒΣRΣΠT DΣCKS ΣΔCH MΔTCH.

GΣT Δ SPΨ IΠTΩ ΩPPΩSIΠG βΔRRΔCKS TΩ GΔIΠ THΣIR UΠITS ( CΩULD βΣ Δ ΠΣω CΩMMΔΠDΣR ΔβILITΨ )

GΣT ΔΠ ΣΠGIΠΣΣR IΠTΩ ΩPPΩSIΠG βΔRRΔCKS = RΣGΔIΠ ΨΩUR ΩωΠ βΔRRΔCKS CΩΠSTRUCTIΩΠ UΠIT ΔβILITΨ & DΣSTRΩΨ ΩPPΩSIΠG βΔRRΔCKS UΠIT PRΩDUCTIΩΠ ΔβILITΨ ( CΩULD βΣ ΠΣω CΩMMΔΠDΣR ΔβILITΨ )

10 SΣCΩΠD UΠIT SΣLΣCTIΩΠ ΔT MΔTCH STΔRTUP LIKΣ CLΔSSIC STRΣΣT ҒIGHTΣR

CΔΠ ΩΠLΨ USΣ ΣΔCH DΣCK PRΣSΣT ΩΠCΣ SΩ... 3 MΔTCHΣS TΩPS ωITH 3 DIҒҒΣRΣΠT DΣCKS

ΣVΣRΨTHIΠG ΣLSΣ IS THΣ SΔMΣ

🍻 😎 👌
Message 26 of 41 (645 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_dance210 the problem is that the timers are all different im already seeing the skin on alot of people but my timer is still going
Message 27 of 41 (634 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@AlphonseDisciple wrote:
@EinarThePillagerI don’t care about how many units I lose. I only care about burning the opponents base to the ground. Lol

I use Scarabs. Counting units lost wouldn’t be fair. And a lot of people use Fanatics. Who’s benefit is for them to die. So that’s not an idea I like.

Well, in this game mode, bases are invincible and the score is based on the cost of all your units that you've lost. Higher the score, the more tiberium you wasted. Scarabs are OK if they kill something more than 30. Try having a scarab face a predator. Maybe in this game mode, suicidal units are altered so they can be used without hurting a player's chance to win. Maybe each time a fanatic kills something, its allies get boosted. Also, in the rivals race, is it entirely possible to have 10 players tie on a single race? This is that they all have the same medal count.

Message 28 of 41 (618 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @punishertrd,

I'm not quite sure why that is a problem. Leaderboards will end at different times depending on when the race started; that's working as it should.

Message 29 of 41 (615 Views)

★ Apprentice

There is one big problem is about fair. The rewards are limited skins which can't buy in game. And you set 10 player a group to win three rewards. So like players in top 100 for example. One may play great but only get 50+ in ranks means he only get one skin. But if he is out of top 100 like 110, he will be in 10 person leaderboard. So it will he very easy to get full rewards of this race.

This is a example. So what will happen? Players just play negative in rank. And even some may lose on purpose to keep a low rank. When race begin he just need to play normal and win the rewards. The only thing he need to do is to return to normal position by the end of the season. Everyone may play this in rank and the whole rank maybe into a chaos.

Maybe you should change the reward into something not limited like resources.

Message 30 of 41 (597 Views)