Re: Chronosphere/iron curtain General

by diablosdungeon

Original Post

Chronosphere/iron curtain General

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have bin a fan of C&C ever since Red Alert. Here are some old mechanics i think would  find a home in C&C Rivals.  I think having a chronosphere general for GDI would fit the series and be another viable general. The ability to teleport 1 tile or multi friend or foe to any spot on the map. Harvester immunity is a given and depending on how it works you would have time to react out of it plus an announcement like ion/catalyst. Since we are on old mechanics lets talk NOD. The iron curtain. The ability to make 1 tile or multi tile units invincible for a brief period of time. If set to multi tile enemy units would have the ability to react and possibly gain invincibility for themselfs. An announcment just like ion/catalyst would accompany this as well. Any way guys like i said would love to see these old school C&C mechanics come back to life in Rivals. Let me know what you think and leave an XP if you liked it :D

Message 1 of 4 (558 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My personal opinion is that they should be single tile and instant without a callout . Making it a viable response to ion/catalyst mechanics. Dont want your unit vaporized teleport it away or give it invincibility .

Message 2 of 4 (548 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Not a fan of bringing in red alert abilities, this said, there has been some discussion on the discord about having a carry-all type ability on either Jackson or some new GDI commander to rapidly transport and/or teleport units with the same sort of vulnerability that Seth's flametrooper deployment has on arrival, unfortunately I don't remember who originally suggested it.

An Iron Curtain type ability would feel really bad in this game since it would hold platforms better than any other possible abilities or be too weak to do much more than a normal boost ability, which we already have too many of at 2 :P.

I suppose while we're discussing new commanders/abilities, I want McNeil with tibsun style GDI drop pods as his ability.

Message 3 of 4 (547 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It'd be fun to have Red Alert abilities, but I'd be more interested in seeing a whole new faction. :D

Message 4 of 4 (487 Views)