Original Post

Re: Challenge Battle Adjustments - Jan. 30

★★★ Novice

Exactly great post.

Message 21 of 60 (1,083 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

This is just getting stupid. Doesn’t matter if I have the best strategy, I have people way higher ranking than me with way better units killing me and I’m losing XP. Seriously this is stupid. Your ranking algorithm is terrible. At least account for that and stop making people lose XP because you can’t get the algorithm to work right. 

Message 22 of 60 (1,082 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
You're mistaken, You CAN'T lose XP 😂😂😂
Message 23 of 60 (1,074 Views)

★★★★ Guide
wow this is really bad for anyone who does a challenge match
this is by far one of the worse things you could do to this game now it makes people P2W again....
Message 24 of 60 (1,069 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My bad, medals not XP

Message 25 of 60 (1,064 Views)

★★★ Guide

Repeating - this change is in most players best interests.

Too many, uh, rising stars rose faster then either skill/experience and unit level should really have allowed.  People were calling it the 'paywall' and maybe, very slightly, it was.  But clearly, with the change, EA is saying they didn't intend for that to happen.

This is a competitive game that rewards a cool head, strategy, and experience over just about everything else.  The more you play - the more of your own replays you watch - the more C&C replays you see - and the more you practice within your own guild - the better you'll be.  

This ain't SWGOH - you can't just farm your way to victory.

Message 26 of 60 (1,047 Views)

★★ Novice
In fact this change does the opposite. Those with low levels but high skill were rewarded only if they won, these comments imply every man and his dog was getting rewards for not being good. This isn’t the case. Have a tourney with equal levels and you will see who has the real skill
Message 27 of 60 (1,043 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

This Alteration to Challenge Battles is NOT the WORST... Not by a long shot,  it's actually closer to the opposite... this really Is a case of the Developers ACTUALLY Knowing what's best & some just don't understand or haven't read the change notes clearly... 

BE THAT AS IT MAY... 

I personally believe there's ALWAYS going to be misunderstanding to some degree AND that's Actually OK. Clearly,  C&C:Rivals has & is continuing to do their best to communicate clearly via change notes & load screen tips etcetera... 

However,  A Soothing Solution would be to Allow ALL Currency to be optionally selected as a Battle Reward or wagered as setting BEFORE the Challenge Battle is Triggered. Select or Wager some optional  preset amount of Coins,  Cards,  Diamonds,  Medals,  Experience , Fuel or ALL of The Above ... ( Something to look forward to for Alliance Territorial Warfare ) 

This Pre Battle option would give each commander the feeling of greater control and the feeling that their own ability to Win ( OR Lose ) is truly rewarded based on their own choices & ability. 

And while we're on the topic of Pre Battle Options,  I'm looking forward to limited emoji & Canned Catch Phrases for post Battle communication with options to request a rematch. 

I'm Very Excited for ALL Of The Future Development Yet To Come and Extremely Impressed 😎 👌

Message 28 of 60 (1,032 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

They’re not interested in free play, and have no concern for those who quit over it. The true game boils down to what you’re willing to pay. Think of it in a positive light: EA with these * stompings is messaging people to stay in school for a better paying job, which allows them to not only win in life, but in the pay to win genre of games.

Message 29 of 60 (1,026 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The only reason they are making this change is so the scrubs who pay out money to level up are getting owned Jin the face by good players with much lower unit levels. This is just the most expensive cnc game ever made for consumers and they are catering to the people paying the money for it. There is nothing about competition or ability in this game. It’s all about how much money you spend. If that weren’t a fact, a level 10 player wouldn’t be paired with a level 60 level player who has juggernaughts and mammoth tanks.

Message 30 of 60 (1,006 Views)