Re: Challenge Battle Adjustments - Jan. 30

by csoontk

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

The Challenge Battles are total BS!  All I do is fight players 10-25 levels higher than I am.  It kills the fun of the game. My units are level 6 or 7 and I am going against units that are level 9 and 10 as well as them having units that I am not even close to being able to use.

I am Very close to quitting the game.  I am a player that spends $$ on games but with it being this impossible to play a fair match it is not worth my time or money.

Message 51 of 60 (1,464 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
... with all due respect clearly you have overextended your grasp did you honestly expect to waltz through every League all the way up to tiberium League just because everyone else has... there's absolutely nothing unfair about it whatsoever... you have overextended your reach and you've encountered competition and commanders that have invested more than you & they're just better than you that's all there is to it... fortunately for you the developers have understood this issue better than you and have done their best to fix it for you... I'm not going to explain any further if you're going to quit... if you're going to quit and continue complaining that it's someone else's fault but your own then there's nothing that anyone can do to help you until you realize the situation you're in is completely of your own making and if you stick with it you'll eventually find your way out of it. And in all truth this is an important life lesson I have faith in you you can do it 😎👍👍

Best Of Luck 🤞🍀🤞
Message 52 of 60 (1,459 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My biggest problem with the game is that I am being matched into Challenge matches almost EVERY GAME. I just had a 20 game streak of all challenge battles. I am currently level 15 and I am playing against players who are as high as level 60!!!  Yes it is not unlikely for me to be matched with a player who is using units that do not unlock until at least level 42+

This is getting beyond frustrating and stupid. why can I not play against players with comparable level units as I do and who are close to my level.  My units are level 5 or 6 with a couple as high as level 8.  almost all of my opponents have units that are level 9.  

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP. If it is not fixed soon I will be forced to stop playing.

Message 53 of 60 (1,451 Views)

★ Guide
hey u smartys do u realize that 3 lvl difference is defestating? allready 0.33 lvl difference makes the unit stronger and disbalanced so 3 lvls is a * joke. i constantly have to play against lvl 9/10 units with a lvl 8/9 army and i cant get away from it. even if i would by money, wich i assume u try to provoke. i would face lvl 11 and 12 guys in no time. its a * joke
Message 54 of 60 (1,444 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
I've made several posts and guides on medals and how they effect you. Perhaps give them a read? But TL;DR is if you play more than the game rewards you for (aka, more than your 10 wins and bounties), and capitalize on streaks and challenge battles you will inflate your medal count to be higher than your unit levels can sustain. The fix is to lose medals. If you can't lose medals anymore (bottom of a league) then your options are to play daily for the rewards and either hit the next reset and don't screw over your matchmaking by inflating medals, or level up so you can compete again.
Message 55 of 60 (1,439 Views)

★★ Novice

If Commanders  offer no advantages then why the f*** do you have to unlock them *. Most of the battles I loose are due to the f****** ion cannon. Every time I take over a pad I get decimated by that thing.  It's a pretty big advantage to be able to clear out a whole pad. I shouldn't have to play against units I don't have, the commander being one of them. The more I play the game the more obvious it becomes that this is a pay-to-play game. I get punished for having winning streaks, my rank greatly increases while my money and cards are extremely limited. I have to purposely loose every two or three rounds in order to keep my winning streak down in hopes to not advance too quickly into the next league with low level units. Over half of my battles are challenge rounds because of my league placement and unit rank. Combobulation is my user name, check out my match history. It's a fun game, but definatley has room for improvements. 

Message 56 of 60 (1,410 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
If you do unlock solomon will that stop your rage when he ion cannons you? =) If you face him, he requires 150 tib to use his power. So you should make a concentrated effort to harass harvester to keep his tib count low. Can't use it if he can't afford it.

On the pay to win note, have you looked at the store? How little you get for paying? You can't honestly tell me everyone but you are handing over mad stacks just to get an advantage on you =p

I'd wager the vast majority of players you have come across are f2p as well.
Message 57 of 60 (1,408 Views)

★★★ Novice

Agreed I’m quitting it’s the lack of response that sucks I’m level 20 and I keep getting matched with 50 plus levels and a lot of 60’s 

Message 58 of 60 (1,349 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Reaching lvl 60 should be easy. Yes, until then you face units you have no access to and you may lose a lot, but 1) you still get your boost XP no matter you lose or win 2) you do not lose medal for challenge battles. Also, at lvl 20 you already have access to great units you can build a good army from.

Message 59 of 60 (1,313 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi this game is very unfair. I played 10 games today and nine of them I am pitted against opponents that are so much higher level than me. He send his mammoth tank and there is nothing I can do or have that can counter it. I will stop playing soon. 

Message 60 of 60 (1,072 Views)