C&C Rivals - Balance Patch June 2021

by EA_Avinash

Original Post

C&C Rivals - Balance Patch June 2021

Community Manager (retired)

Hello Command & Conquer Rivals fans,

Over the past several months we have heard requests to balance out several units and address the Tiberium harvesting rate during matches. We were able to implement the following changes in the latest balance patch update:

• Tiberium Harvest rate reduced during late game to balance usage of all units
  • GDI changes:
    • Tech lab – Tiberium cost increased to 180 (from 150)
    • GDI MCV – Base health increased by 15% (from 30000 to 34500)
    • Strongarm – Tiberium cost increased from 40 to 50
    • APC
      • Tiberium cost increased from 80 to 90
      • Vehicle damage reduced from 65 to 45
    • Talon – Speed reduced from fastest to faster
    • Jump Jet Troopers – Speed reduced from fastest to faster
  • NOD changes:
    • Temple of Nod – Tiberium cost increased to 180 (from 150)
    • NOD MCV – Base health increased by 15% (from 30000 to 34500)
    • Banshee:
      • Tiberium cost reduced from 60 to 30
      • Health reduced from 1210 to 909
      • Default weapon damage reduced from 382 to 211
      • Infantry damage reduced from 55 to 42
      • Aircraft damage reduced from 382 to 270
      • Speed reduced from fastest to faster
      • Turn speed increased from 300 to 450
      • Attack speed reduced from 1.4 to 1.3
    • Catalyst Gunship:
      • Tiberium cost increased from 50 to 60
      • Tiberium cloud canister launch-time duration increased from 3.6 to 4.5 seconds
      • Weapon damage reduced from 510 to 200
    • Shade:
      • Tiberium cost increased from 60 to 70
    • Fanatics: Weapon damage reduced from 57 to 49
    • Stealth Tank: Vehicle damage reduced from 510 to 382
  • Disabling challenge battles in Tiberium League by increasing Unit Level Cap from 15 to 19. Units will not be able to level beyond 15. 

Thanks,
C&C Rivals Team

Message 1 of 10 (7,211 Views)

Re: C&C Rivals - Balance Patch June 2021

★★★★★ Newbie

I play this game on my Galaxy Tab S6 and I have never seen an update for this game. Everytime I launch the game it says: this game is not supported on your device. When I play a match against an another player, loading from my troops takes ages and than I lose. Yes I sent the miner and have around 200+ materials but can't train unites.

Message 2 of 10 (6,902 Views)

★★★ Novice

It sounds like this is going to make rushing the missile the only valid playstyle now- since late game harvesting, tech units and base kills are all being pushed back.

Missile rushing was already the most dominant playstyle in tournaments as it was, now there is even less chance for anything else which makes the whole thing less fun to be honest when there is less variety available Frown

Message 3 of 10 (6,760 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@tommern36I don't get why you would hate playing GDI now. With a more balanced NOD air, there can be more variaty in GDI decks once again. I think the meta will shift dramatically within the next months. But maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe chuggy/maurader will arise as new NOD meta. But without Catship it is more viable to play stuff like sniper or schock/tank or any kind of infantery based decks really.

And I don't get why you are that mad about chuggy marauder in the first place. You played the most broken unit in the game (catship), which has been shi11ing on chuggy/marauder. Time to turn the tables ;-)

@thavidu With the broken economy rushing pads was the only viable way to not get crushed by tech (for non tech players). With this changes I hope there can be a strategic approach to the game once more. Maybe the cost increase of the tech buildings could be a little bit hard but the tib rampup nerf hopefully demands a mindful playstyle with tech and not spamming them units like there's no tommorow.

@EA_Avinash Like with the last patch (long ago), I think the changes are very well tought out. We will see what the playerbase makes out of it. I can't wait to check it out myself.

Message 4 of 10 (6,089 Views)

★★ Novice
  • Weapon damage reduced from 510 to 200

Why not tweak it with a screw driver instead of a sledge hammer?

Message 5 of 10 (6,060 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You guys messed up the catalyst gunship. You might as well take it out of the game all together because now it is a piece of crap.  I hope you get a lot of complaints and return it to the way it was.

Message 6 of 10 (4,907 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Avinash Fix the catalyst gunship to its former glory, please!
Message 7 of 10 (4,586 Views)

★ Novice

I really find the June 2021 patch kind of hopeless. In terms of GDI, cheap tech units like Wolverine takes way too long to get to as the tech lab costs more. This is not a high end tech unit, in my opinion. 

I would much rather prefer adjustments to the most heavy units, either in higher cost or lower damage. In my opinion, the disruptor, flame tank and catalyst missile are way too powerful on base attacks, and the avatar is way too powerful in general. 

Message 8 of 10 (4,393 Views)

★★★ Novice

I really feel like they made for less variability in play. 90-95% of players are harvester/ pad rushers. Look at the Tib league. Why make balances to make other strategies less competitive? It makes no sense. You’ve made the coolest units in your game near obsolete. Sure, the harvester speed decrease later in game hurts, but making the building more expensive so tech can’t even roll out? It’s absurd. 

Playing with Tech already was already a big enough liability; you get rushed successfully enough, you’re toast. At least before the converse to that was “if you’re a rusher and let too much tech come out, you’re toast.” Now, not so much. This update really destroyed a lot of the dynamics. Now it’s even more predictable and one dimensional. If you’re going to do something like this; make another mode where the paid for harvesters have an over shield or something. No way cheap units should dominate tech so much.  

Message 9 of 10 (3,573 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Agree with previous posters.  It's taken a couple of months but gameplay has changed.  Making tech so expensive and slowing harvesters has RUINED tech as a valid strategy. You can either rush the pads with infantry or cheap vehicles or get beaten.  BORING.  By the time you get an Artillery or a Sandstorm the game is over.  Pointless.  Time for a different game.

Message 10 of 10 (3,396 Views)