Re: Balance Update - Dec. 13

by Philly_Dawg23

Original Post

Balance Update - Dec. 13

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)
Commanders,

We have made adjustments to the Flame Tank and Hammerhead. In addition, we have adjusted a couple of the maps in the Tiberium League map pool. Please see below for details.

Unit Balance Changes
Flame Tank
The Flame Tank Was doing a bit too much; it could take down a base incredibly fast. So we have reduced its damage against structures, lowered its life but lowered its cost to match.

• Damage vs Structures decreased to 425 (was 550)
  • Health decreased to 3500 (was 4000)
  • Cost decreased to 110 (was 130)

Hammerhead

• Damage vs Structures increased to 425 (was 300)

Tiberium League Map Pool
Periodically, we update the map pool for the Tiberium League. This month, we made the changes based on feedback from Tiberium League players.

Maps Removed

• Cauldron
  • Three Sentinels

Maps Added

• Hidden Gems
  • Rush In
Message 1 of 34 (18,755 Views)

★★★★ Guide

damn still going to be seeing alot of flame tanks tho lol

Message 2 of 34 (18,676 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Very true 

Message 3 of 34 (17,331 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Still unbalances the game for us lower levels. Suddenly other side has 3 flame tanks in quick succession and boom game over.

Another irritation is that often i send a troop to a tile next to the nuke... Enemy troop gets there first and my troop either just stops or turns around and goes elsewhere. With the stupid nuke system it often results in the time switching to other side before you can react again. You spend to much time resending troops that have a fit if someone takes their tile!!

Message 4 of 34 (16,439 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

That's a common strategy.  It's called "Dances of the Tiles."  Annoying, but you can do the same to your opponent.  It does require good micro of your troops.  

If your opponent is too busy doing that, it might be worthwhile for yourself to do something else on another tile if possible.

Message 5 of 34 (16,274 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

It is also sometimes worth while to invest in an aerial unit. You can skim above their blocker unit and contest the pads, hopefully long enough to get that nuke!

Message 6 of 34 (16,021 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

@BattaIia wrote:

It is also sometimes worth while to invest in an aerial unit. You can skim above their blocker unit and contest the pads, hopefully long enough to get that nuke!

Why is GDI so over matches? The moment you get to gold 2 everyone has Nod. Those damned attack bikes are too strong and the Rhino is too weak. ALL of GDI troops are weak I have level 8 and 9 troops loosing to 6 and 7. The Nod obelisk towers have to be reduced. It is completely unfair to those who want th play with GDI. 99% of all gold 2 and above are Nod. Wonder why? There is a severe gap in GDI unit performance. The units just don’t match up. Have to make GDI cheaper to play. The game was fun up until gold 1 and 2. I am amazed I even got up to 2. 

Message 7 of 34 (15,719 Views)

★ Guide

I disagree that nod is better, you need to learn your counters

Message 8 of 34 (14,948 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

That's good to know. Also you may wish to take care of the algorithm that matches up players during battles. If one guy below level 10 is matched with someone who is level 20 then that's not a battle. Please see to it that players are equally matched to start with and then win or loose based on their strategy only. Cheers to you for bringing back those old memories of C&C in a new pack 😊

Message 9 of 34 (13,200 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Completely agree.  I have played the game since the launch and  has been fun until you run into players that have the Flame Tank.  Seems to be no answer to it.  In the last few days and since the update with the nerfing of the Flame Tank the game is becoming less fun.  I have seen more times than I care the strategy of sending 2 FT to my HQ and within 30s or so they win with out a nuke strike or before I can control the pads for enough time for 2 strikes

FT I would raise the cost to 200-250 and nerf it down another 30-50%.  WAYYYY to strong of a unit

Message 10 of 34 (11,882 Views)