Re: Balance Patch August 2020 - Notes

by ChappasUK

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I play the fortress deck (master/tib league), and I can tell you if you don't know how to counter it you're playing the game wrong. 

Going against a mix of unit types makes my fortress almost worthless because having 2 harvesters and then needing to make MSV, Slingshot, Shatterer and MLRS is almost impossible with pop cap. So you're always weak to something. 

If an opponent lets me get my fortress setup then they deserve to lose. 

BTW, if you jump on the pad as your first move, the first missile will fire just as I build my 3rd unit. So harv, harv, msv, missle fires against me. You think that's a powerful deck? 

I only win because people see me double harv and just watch my harvesters working instead of instantly jumping on a pad.

Message 11 of 23 (1,132 Views)

★★★ Novice

Some of these changes are too much. 

Mammoth - already loses to Avatar and Titan in a straight one on one. You have to micro the Mammoth away between shots in order to win, now its too slow so Avatar/Titan beats Mammoth every time now no matter what you do.

Too slow to run over infantry now so why is it double the cost of a Titan? 

MSV - takes up an entire slot in your inventory, can do NOTHING on its own, and only works on ground vehicles. That's why it had the buff it did, because it needs to make up for the fact you're playing 5 attack units against an opponents 6 units, giving them significantly more flexibility to counter your deck.

Liang - so you reduced the health, increased the price, and now you've made it so you can't move it. 

The problem with Liang is that it contested pads when it shouldn't be able to do that.

You know how Rockworm doesn't contest a pad until it comes out, make Liang drone in that state permanently but allow it to move. 

Or, you could give it a deploy animation like the drill pod which would stop people being able to flip with it.

I just played a game where I needed to place a unit where my Liang drone was and I couldn't. Can't move the drone, can't destroy it myself to free up the tile, so I just had to wait until the health disappeared or hope that my enemy destroyed my commander power. 🤔 

Shatterer - was fine the way it was, feels too over powered now. Tier 1 infantry get absolutely wrecked by this thing 😂 they cant even get a shot off moving into it. Mutants and Grens seem to be doing better against it though?? 

My 2 cents, obviously I play with all the above. I understand the devs need to balance the entire game, but previous patches have been nuanced. Most changes here are nerfs.

Message 12 of 23 (1,121 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This latest update completely changes the game and makes some units worthless.  And the drone change is absurd.  Since when do flying drones not fly?  This is embarrassing.

I won't be playing this until EA fixes this.  I'm level 60.  This WAS my go to game.  Complete garbage now. 

Message 13 of 23 (1,105 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hey can your nerf sniper to have there fire rate tuned down cuz there being insanely dominant in the meta with hiding behind pitbulls and just camping there 

Message 14 of 23 (1,024 Views)

★ Apprentice

Wow your what we call a little * 

Message 15 of 23 (1,023 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think the targets the Liang Drone can heal should be up to 2 at max. It can be a bit ridiculous when it heals a dozen units at the same time.

Take away the pad control of the drone directly or indirectly. Make it behave like Rockworm, when borrowed or be part of the cyan/pink team. Not directly part of your team, but provides support for your team, under your control.

Make the Shatterer apply a longer stun, only to infantry unit facing away from it. It can't chase down targets, like Chem Buggy, so make it prevent movement in a more fair way insted (,compared to Shatterer in previous patches) and increase the health of it.

A while age, when MG Squad still had slow movespeed, the Jackson/Oxanna boost was chaged from giving percentage movespeed increase to flat increase. This was never been relevant to good decks with MG Squad, but a flat movespeed increase in too much for the Mammoth Tank. It removes too much of the intended weakness of the unit, so can we get both of tose chages reverted? Mammoth movespeed to slow and movespeed increase to percentage based!

I want the economy and the population cap to use bigger numbers and have half sized harvesters in the game.

I would like to have some insight about upcoming balance change considerations.

Message 16 of 23 (963 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@EA_Avinash It is best to compete with this game with its latest update.
Message 17 of 23 (938 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Hizsoo Everything besdie the Liang and shatter i disagree mammoth tank is that speed and it too dominate if it speed is higher then slowest and
Message 18 of 23 (888 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What’s the point of having level 14 shockwave troopers when I get pounded by level 12 shockwave troopers and attack first???

Message 19 of 23 (767 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@chowyunmac wrote:

What’s the point of having level 14 shockwave troopers when I get pounded by level 12 shockwave troopers and attack first???

That is not possible, unless maybe your opponent's Shockwaves were boosted by the Commander Jackson buff.

Show us a screenshot please?

Message 20 of 23 (715 Views)