Android 11, pixel 3, game crashing

by gadick78

Original Post

Re: Android 11, pixel 3, game crashing

★★★★★ Novice

Where is the fix.  This is ridiculous.  Still crashing.  It is also turning to portrait mode more often, especially during game play. And you can move the screen around to see anything or play and you have to close the app.

Message 11 of 27 (1,337 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@guj1m4n wrote:

They have stated to me that they have no ETA. I doubt they are even looking into it!

That is entirely possible. The maintenance team which has been responsible for this game since November 2019 has not provided any client updates with bugfixes yet. It seems like they are not capable of doing that.

Message 12 of 27 (1,322 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Somebody posted this information on Reddit, maybe it helps:
Anecdotal Fix to Crashes on Android 11 on Pixel Devices 

Message 13 of 27 (1,256 Views)

★★★ Novice

Nice one chap! I'll see how it goes. Have you tried it?

Message 14 of 27 (1,253 Views)

★★★ Novice

Tried it. Still crashes!

Message 15 of 27 (1,250 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@guj1m4n wrote:

Nice one chap! I'll see how it goes. Have you tried it?

I don't have this problem, I am playing on a Sony Xperia with Android 9. Sorry that it didn't work for you. Frown

Message 16 of 27 (1,245 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Disappointed that there still is no fix for this.  It seems to be happening even more lately.  I might get 1 game in before it crashes/disconnects/kicks me out.  When are you going to get it fixed?

Also, why can't you figure out a way to not lose if the game crashes/disconnects/kicks me out.

Message 17 of 27 (1,235 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@gadick78 wrote:

Also, why can't you figure out a way to not lose if the game crashes/disconnects/kicks me out.

I don't think that is possible, since the game server cannot tell the difference between a malfunction and an intentional disconnect. If you could always just disconnect and wouldn't lose any medals then, many players would do that whenever they're about to lose a battle. This would keep their score artificially higher than it should be.

Message 18 of 27 (1,231 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problems with my Google pixel 3a xl 

Message 19 of 27 (1,186 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Avinash I've got a pixel 3XL and mine has been crashing since going to Android 11. The same about 3-4 times out of 10 games. I had the beta Android 11 and it wasn't doing it then. I've been playing for about 2 and a half years.
Message 20 of 27 (1,185 Views)