Re: Android 11, pixel 3, game crashing

★★★★★ Novice

Still happening

Message 11 of 41 (945 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @gadick78,

I've moved the post to the bug reports for you, can you use this link to find your persona ID and respond back here if it won't let you edit the post in the bug reports section please?

EACade
Message 12 of 41 (934 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Apologies for not getting back here, I had a filter killing the reply emails from this forum. (fixed now)

Yes, this is still happening. Here is everything I've done to date to attempt resolution:

• Updated phone (Pixel 3) to Android 11, first crashes manifest
    • This phone had previously updated from Android 9 to 10, complete with all monthly updates in between, with no issues in-game
  • After posting here, cleared game cache and data. Same crash results
  • Uninstalled and re-installed the game. Same crash results.
  • Factory-reset phone, completely wiped out all data, cold-installed (no backup) all apps. Same crash results.

Further details:

Right before the game crashes, you can see everything stuttering, like there's a large resource hit going on in the background. I've cleared every app from RAM in an attempt to remove resource contention but that has not changed the game performance. Reviewing game replays will have the game crash as well, whether the match is one I previously crashed or not. The same stuttering is evident in the replay right before a crash, though it is crashing in different places upon multiple viewings. The game only crashes during a match and not in menus or during match-up connection. Of my last 7 matches, 2 have completed to the end without a crash.

Message 13 of 41 (916 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same Here. Seems something in rivals messes up in Android 11 Pixel 3

Message 14 of 41 (893 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Additional information: I have been opening the game daily, and each time I use the home button to get out of the game, the notification shade is not showing on my launcher. The place where it normally shows is transparent. I can still pull it down as if it is showing, but it's not visible. Once I pull it down after exiting the game, then it shows normally. Hoping that helps you guys track down whatever is amiss here. Thanks.

Message 15 of 41 (884 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Cade, is there an update here? What is the status of anything found, fixes forthcoming, or anything else you might need from me? You mentioned to @gadick78 that you moved it to bug reports, but nothing has happened since then. I'm the OP, so wondering if there's anything I can do to help find a solution. I like the game, and would love to keep playing. Thanks.

Message 16 of 41 (864 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@sojrner I second this. Still issues
Message 17 of 41 (861 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @sojrner,

Still under investigation I'm afraid, I'll update you here when I get more info.
EACade
Message 18 of 41 (858 Views)

★★★ Novice

Is there an ETA on this fix? I'm getting kicked out of a lot of games. This is extremely frustrating.  We're losing medals unfairly!

Message 19 of 41 (825 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is getting silly now I have lost my place in my alliance due to this, this needs to be sorted it doesn't take a genius to give the pixel players a build with some specific debug TalkBack for your developers

I love this game, I've already stopped buying pc & console EA games don't make me stop mobile too!  

Message 20 of 41 (814 Views)