turn on punkbuster

by bolero3232

Original Post

turn on punkbuster

★★ Novice

Ever since W10, I've had lock-up issues playing BFBC2. I've read that the problem is associated with Punkbuster, or I should say with Punkbuster's interaction with W10. So, I turned off PB from the BFBC2 Option screen. Of course, I couldn't find any servers. So, I've turned PB back on, but I still can't find any servers. I've reinstalled BFBC2 hoping it would reset PB, but it didn't. I still can find no servers.

Message 1 of 8 (3,374 Views)

Re: turn on punkbuster

★ Guide

Go to evenbalance.com (the main site of Punkbuster) and download pbsetup.exe, add bad company 2 to update list and let the program update it.

In services, enable punkbuster to run automatic in you system.

This probally will fix the problem, if not work try reinstall punkbuster again.

Post here if works.

Message 2 of 8 (3,348 Views)

★★ Novice

I downloaded PB and added BFBC2, but where is 'Services'? Or what do I need to do to start PB?

Message 3 of 8 (3,336 Views)

★ Guide

in Windows services.

Run as administrator the command services.msc and the list will show to you choose it, you can look at your services in the folder administrative tools (in windows menu) too, or in task manager in menu file<new task(execute).

Message 4 of 8 (3,329 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok, I've done all of that. PnkBstrA was running, PnkBstrB was not. So I turned B on. I still find no servers.

Apparently, PB is not the problem after all.

:Confusedigh::

I don't know what to do now.

Thanks for your help my friend.

Message 5 of 8 (3,322 Views)

★ Guide

PnkBstrB.exe run only when you enter in one server with punkbuster enabled, he is responsible to check and update your punkbuster, and normally if your punkbuster is updated he will run for some seconds and will disappear again.

Try change the server filters, and take a look in another zones, for example, I barely cant find servers in south america, so I like to search in north america.

Also, I dont know exactly how but you can add favorite servers manually if you enter in server sites (like eGo community and AWOL both in north america), so you can take a look in their sites.

If your account logged normally in game, and everthing is updated, I really can take my last shot in server filters.

Message 6 of 8 (3,315 Views)

★★ Novice

Success!

Your suggestion about the region setting reminded me to just hit the Reset button.

It cleared all my settings, and now I have servers. Something as simple as that is often overlooked; at least by me.  LOL

TYVM!!!

Message 7 of 8 (3,309 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Good see you ingame Standard smile

Dont forget to mark this topic as solved.

Message 8 of 8 (3,304 Views)