Re: how do i get battlefield 2142 on origin as i have it on disk

by AirJerr

Original Post

how do i get battlefield 2142 on origin as i have it on disk

★★★ Newbie

i have recently found a way to play battlefield 2142 so i reinstalled it and it needs the old ea downloader which is origin but i can't get it on origin what should i do to get the game on origin

Message 1 of 8 (2,473 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @B1KERS

If you own the physical copy of the game (box, leaflet with activation code, disc), you can try to contact our support center (phone or chat) to see if the game can be added to your Origin library.

You will find useful tips on how to quickly get in touch with our advisors in this article.

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 8 (2,432 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi @EA_Ataashi, I have the same problem. I already contacted a Game Advisor and they assisted me, but every key they've given me is invalid. What do I do next?

Message 3 of 8 (2,386 Views)

Hey @Thourq

Could you try to contact our Game Advisors again and ask them to check the codes granted earlier and eventually redeem them on your account after you pass verification?

Unfortunately, there's not much we can do on Answer HQ about your problem Embarrassed

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 8 (2,373 Views)

★ Novice
Hey @EA_Ataashi,

Thanks for replying. Yeah I have, during the 2nd time I spoke to them about the invalid keys, I asked them to wait while I checked if it would work. During that time, they responded saying there's nothing they can do since the game is not available on Origin.

I'm not sure if the Advisor actually checked the codes or not, but that's the response I got from them. Sucks and makes no sense that a game I purchased I can't even redeem just because EA changed their Digital Distribution service.
Message 5 of 8 (2,370 Views)

Hey @Thourq

I am assuming that you're trying to redeem the codes via Origin, right? With some keys for older games, even if they were just generated, it's a bit more tricky. You have to use the disc to make it work. Have you tried to redeem them this way?

/Ataashi

Message 6 of 8 (2,361 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Ataashi,

Hmm, no I haven't. I'll try that next and let you know, thanks!
Message 7 of 8 (2,340 Views)

★ Guide

Goto Battlefield2142.co for all the information to play 2142 in 2018.

Message 8 of 8 (2,297 Views)