delete gamespy as server for BF2 and have it load GameRanger

by lcranger1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

delete gamespy as server for BF2 and have it load GameRanger

★★ Novice

How do I delete gamespy as the server for BF2 and have it load GameRanger servers

Message 1 of 3 (1,940 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: delete gamespy as server for BF2 and have it load GameRanger

Message 2 of 3 (1,981 Views)

All Replies

Message 2 of 3 (1,982 Views)

★★★ Novice
I've recently got back into playing Battlefield 2, but I find the Game spy windows that opens every time I boot up the program invasive and annoying. I've said it before but this time i really am just about done with EA games as they have never shown any concern to the gaming community.

When the BF2 community created servers to take the place of Game Spy so that we could still play the online portion of the game (as it was meant to be), EA brought out an injunction against the collective, forcing them to close the servers down, even though EA no longer support the fourteen year old game.

If they were so bothered about a small community extending the life of one of their best games ever, then why are they not continuing with support by getting rid of the game spy aspect of the game.

Until they show they actually care about their community instead of those dollar signs, I will no longer buy any games sold via EA games and Origin. (even though there are several games I would really really really like to buy).
Message 3 of 3 (1,431 Views)