bf2

by GRUMBLE_N_GRUNT

Original Post

bf2

★★★ Novice

Hi,

When I purchased BF2 there was nothing stated on the packaging stating it would be turned off in 2014 - I am a current user & would like it to be re-instated or please refund my money.

I have 2 copies that are unregistered (new & sealed) Again there is nothing on the box stating in 2014 the game will be unuseable.

I can supply all barcodes / photo's if required.

You will see these games were never used online.

Regards BF2 USER

Message 1 of 24 (631 Views)

Re: bf2

Hero (Retired)

Hi there,

You may return EA full game digital downloads (PC/Mac) purchased on Origin for a full refund within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first. This is in addition to your standard return or refund rights.

Here's how:

Visit your Order History and select the "Request a Refund" link next to any eligible product.
Complete and submit the Refund Request Form.
You'll get a response within 48 hours and your refund within 10 days if you meet the refund criteria.
DLC and non-EA games purchased on Origin are excluded from the Great Game Guarantee. So, this is a guarantee for full game (a.k.a. "base game") digital downloads published by EA for now, including full games on pre-order and most full games on promotional discount.

Message 2 of 24 (629 Views)

★★★ Novice

So basically - Avoid EA Games & their products ?

If I was to purchase BF4 - Have you any idea how long it will run for or can that be terminated when EA see's fit??

I would like to know up front before purchasing the game?

If your considering closing it within the next 12 months -- I will give it a big miss....

Message 3 of 24 (627 Views)

Community Manager

EA may terminate access to any online or mobile products and/or EA Services (and/or any portion thereof) at any time by giving you notice of such termination within the time period specified when you joined the particular EA Service, or if no time period for notice of termination was specified, then within thirty (30) days of the date such notice is either (at EA’s discretion) provided to you via email or is posted on the applicable product or EA Service or on http://www.ea.com/2/service-updates.

This is from section 9 of our Term of Service here: http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

barry.png
Message 4 of 24 (612 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply Barry,

I think I will vote with my feet & leave EA well alone - I'm sure I am not the only one.

EA has got to expect some flack over this....

I paid £35 for these games just to be thrown in the bin.

If BF2 is not coming back - I will look for entertainment elsewhere.

My opinion is the later games 3 & 4 are not as good. 

Message 5 of 24 (610 Views)

★ Novice

So.... am I hearing that Battlefield 2 is gone now?

No more playing Battlefield 2?

Too bad...I enjoyed playing it.   

And EA won't even let us log in and play single-player - just for the Heck of it?

Message 6 of 24 (603 Views)

★★★ Novice

EA may terminate access to any online or mobile products and/or EA Services (and/or any portion thereof) at any time

Doesn't state that on the packaging of my new / unopened game?

I have imposed an EA ban in my household -- I will not permit the purchasing of any EA product for the next 12 months  (sorry to my kids)

Being ripped off leaves a bitter taste...

Message 7 of 24 (598 Views)

★★★ Novice

Im guessing it's a matter of hours before they close Answer HQ beta? 

too much traffic & bad publicity -- best switch it off.

Message 8 of 24 (595 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have to ask, how long ago did you buy this game?

Message 9 of 24 (590 Views)

★★★ Novice

First copy in 2005 - 2 additional copies February this year - trying to encourage family members to meet up online.

I know where your going next - but it is still a well used game with lots of followers / servers / forums.

Obviously I would not have purchased the later 2 if I had known - Did EA give enough notice ? 

The first I heard about the servers closing was end of June - it was going off as of 1/7/2014 -- then kept on going - confusing & not consistent ??

Why 16.07.2014??

Message 10 of 24 (587 Views)