Re: Would love it if EA could make playing BF2142 in single player possible agai

by EA_Joker

Original Post

Would love it if EA could make playing BF2142 in single player possible again.

★★★ Newbie

as the title says it, been wanting to play titan matches and refuse to install all this bloatware, we consumers paid for this game and should still be allowed to play it on single player regardless if the servers were shut down and the game is a decade old. i have many games released before 2007 that are not hooked up to EA and i can still play single player to this day on them sure no support, EA you need to ensure offline support of all your games for when you choose to pull the plug on the servers otherwise people start to feel it was a huge waste of money. because of this I made the choice not to purchase anymore battlefield games or expansions since BF4. I bought Need For Speed which i noticed kicks you out without an internet connection which is sad. i hope rivals is not going to be the exact same. if so that is another franchise I will no longer support by EA. you make some very good games but how you go about the long term is really poor. 

START ensuring your consumers are happy playing any game they purchased from you. after all being sponsored for games helps with funding to develop them but without us buying them that time and effort can turn around and nip you in the butt. My point is i do not care who does it at EA but start making patches that allow us to play our old games without online functionality. i am sure you would see a very nice return in players online on origin.

Who else here agrees?  

Message 1 of 4 (1,078 Views)

Re: Would love it if EA could make playing BF2142 in single player possible agai

EA Community Manager

Hey @Dethco,

thank you for your post - great to hear that you're so passionate about several franchises even! To quote our website, since it says it very well:

The decisions to withdraw particular features or modes of certain EA games, or to retire online services relating to older EA games are never easy. The development teams and operational staff pour their hearts into our games, their features and modes almost as much as the players, and it is hard to see one retired. As games are replaced with newer titles, the number of players still enjoying the games that have been live for some time dwindles to a level – typically fewer than 1% of all peak online players across all EA titles – where it’s no longer feasible to continue the behind-the-scenes work involved with keeping the online services for these games up and running.

In some instances, where the online services for a particular game may no longer be available or supported, the game may still be played and enjoyed offline. Depending on the type of game, and the particular services which may no longer be supported, players’ inventory of virtual currency and/or in-game items may continue to be used, whether or not the applicable in-game store is open or disabled, and whether or not the game is still available for sale to new users.

That said, the feedback for Need for Speed has been heard, therefore a large portion of Need for Speed Payback is playable offline, not requiring online connectivity. While in Battlefield 1 and Battlefront II the focus is on the multiplayer game modes, they both do have campaign modes that are playable offline. To be safe there, I'd recommend checking the game information for online connection requirements.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I hope you'll have a lot of fun with our franchises going forward - have a great day!

Message 2 of 4 (1,038 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Apologies for resurecting and older post, but it is very much so possible, you just need to search for "Dethklok BF2142" on google and click the "Spoiler - Old Info" button, and download the "Stats Redirected DirectDownload" this just routes the master server from the old one to a new fan-made one, which means you make an account easily via the game and then are able to play single player.

This is how I got my disk copy working before it broke but its how I play on origin now :D

Happy Battles!

[Editing out the link since it leads to a third party site with a modified executable]

Message 3 of 4 (915 Views)

★ Guide

Battlefield 2142 is working on Gameranger in 2018... Goto Battlefield2142.co for all the information to play on Gameranger. Single player is possible there as well as multiplayer.

Message 4 of 4 (771 Views)