With possible transfering of games from Origin to Steam

by Lunelli_98

Original Post

Accepted Solution

With possible transfering of games from Origin to Steam

★★ Guide

So I currently have a few old BFs that are not available on Origin store. Them being, BF 1942, BF2, BF2142 . I wonder if I will be able to transfer them into my Steam account (if they allow transfering) 

Do you think it will be possible? (asking for opnions)

Message 1 of 5 (488 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: With possible transfering of games from Origin to Steam

Champion (Retired)
Hello @Lunelli_98

It's not possible to transfer games from Origin to Steam, however, you can link a non-steam game to your Steam library.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2219-YDJV-5557#:~:text=Launch%20Steam.,on%20%22A....

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (380 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)
Hello @Lunelli_98

It's not possible to transfer games from Origin to Steam, however, you can link a non-steam game to your Steam library.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2219-YDJV-5557#:~:text=Launch%20Steam.,on%20%22A....

Message 2 of 5 (381 Views)

★★ Guide
@CarbonCarl Yeah I know. I meant if EA allows linking up accounts with Steam. If these old games would transfer as well.
Message 3 of 5 (377 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@Lunelli_98 If they linked accounts then Steam would still have to host the games on their server for you to be able to download it via steam, otherwise you would just be playing it on Steam as a non-steam game using the Origin client.

If the games have ever been on Steam before then it's certainly a possibility, they could even give you a cdkey the same as what Steam does with EA games for Origin.
Message 4 of 5 (369 Views)

★★ Guide

@CarbonCarl 

EA has released some games already on Steam. If you buy them on Steam you still need an Origin account in order to play. If they decide to allow the transfer of games from the Origin to Steam, that could help a lot of people that wants their games into one library (not like a non steam game because you'd still need to download/install from a different source). You buy/transfer, download and install and play the game via Steam

Message 5 of 5 (366 Views)