Re: Why does not Battlefield 2142 fit the collection of games at Origin?

by SiNsOfThEDeViL

Original Post

Why does not Battlefield 2142 fit the collection of games at Origin?

★ Novice

Why, I really mean why, does not Battlefield 2142 fit the collection of games at Origin? And why does EA so adamantly try to keep it dead and buried? #revive

Message 1 of 6 (1,042 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hello @TeeCog101,

at this time, Battlefield 2142 is not available via the Origin Store. The Online Service for the game was shut down in June 2014 - and with games not getting any more updates and hardware becoming more and more advanced, it can be frustrating trying to run some titles on modern machines.

If you do have a physical copy of the game however and want to redeem the game on your Origin account, feel free to reach out to an EA Advisor who will happily assist you in that matter. Here's a link to get you started.

Message 2 of 6 (1,009 Views)

★ Novice

Hello @EA_Joker,

thank you for your answer. I was a devote BF2142 player back in the day and recently discovered a whole community unknown to me, still playing the game with passion. Event though hardware is getting more and more advanced there is always a possibility to play old games thru emulators. I would gladly pay to play this specific game emulated and run by EA. I have during the last months met hundereds of BF2142 players that would do the same. Now we are on the run from Revive network to other places to keep the game going. There is something wrong with that, and it creates badwill and frustration. 

Specific questions: If I manage to redeem the game on my Origin account like you say is possible, will I then be able to play it somehow, although EA has no longer has servers to support it? In that case how?

Message 3 of 6 (945 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @TeeCog101!

I'm curious about this. Why revive network is as bad as you mentioned? I though they were doing pretty good with bf 2 and bf 2142.

Se il post di qualcuno ti è stato d'aiuto, lascia un punto XP ➕
Se il post di qualcuno ha risolto il problema, ricordati di segnarlo come soluzione affinchè altri possano trarne aiuto. ✔

Message 4 of 6 (940 Views)

★ Guide

Goto Battlefield2142.co

You can still play BF2142 on Gameranger in 2018.

AirJerr

Message 5 of 6 (726 Views)

★ Guide

@IIDaZzuII

It was a great service that's for sure until EA claimed a copyright on them. Got to say they had rights to do that but still makes me sad whenever I think about Revive Network

Message 6 of 6 (674 Views)