The four unresolved bugs in Battlefield 1942.

by nineteenfortytwo

Original Post

The four unresolved bugs in Battlefield 1942.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I know you say continued support is unlikely for bf1942 on Origin, but I think I should bring attention to the four small faults in Battlefield 1942 that were never patched in the original game. If these were patched, I may consider signing up to Origin to get this and other games.

Is there a possibility of these four issues being addressed in BF1942 Origin?

1. Mouse sensitivity on the B-17 belly turret is poorly optimised and oversenstitive.

The B-17 top turret and all other trainable aircraft weapons move fine, but the belly turret is so sensitive it's virtually unusable, even on same settings.

2. Occasionally a bug prevents class selection.

Very rarely, the class selection screen prevents a mouse click on the class options. They highlight just fine when rolled over, but the player is stuck using whatever class they had when the bug started.

3. Bots in the tailgun of the SBD will never fire, only aim around.
Basically the SBD is the only aircraft in the game where the tailgunner bot does not shoot. Needs a fix.

4. Switching from Detpack TNT bundle to Detpack Detonator frequently fails.
Right-clicking to switch from the Detpack to its detonator often plays the correct swap animation, then immediately swaps it back to the Pack again. This is on a mouse click, not in any way related to mousewheels or anything like that. Somehow doesn't occur when only 1 pack remaining.

Other minor issues include:

-Detpack blast radius too large- proves unbalanced

-Incorrect 4-blade propeller blur on all the non-American aircraft. Suggest using the Corsair's blur for other aircraft. Val has no nose cone when unmanned.

-No bot support in Aberdeen, Philippines map (despite being there in official WW2 mod for BF Vietnam)

-B-17 removed from Bocage, Market Garden singleplayer despite bots able to fly it just fine in El Alamein

-Wrong Allied team in Market Garden (Should be British, not American)

-Sniper Rifles are dead accurate for half a second after running. Commonly used exploit.

Message 1 of 1 (1,487 Views)