Sunset Games Revival

by BlarfToads0n

Original Post

Sunset Games Revival

★★★ Newbie

I know it's been said before and I know that despite our pleas, EA will continue to ignore the fans of some of their older titles. All the same, I feel it must be said, please bring back servers for some of the older Battlefield games. 

I know EA is super greasy, so if you want charge a $5 monthly subscription fee and give us a few servers for each old Battlefield game, 2, 2142, Bad Company 2 (BC1 if you can make it compatible for PC)

Look at it this way, all the other people that want to play these games are older individuals with jobs, $5 a month to relive and enjoy some of the games we loved in our youth isn't very much to ask of us. I'm sure I'm not the only gamer out there that wouldn't mind shelling out a few bucks a month to hop back on a Titan. 

Message 1 of 4 (1,533 Views)

Re: Sunset Games Revival

Community Manager

Hey, @BlarfToads0n 

We'll always consider feedback from the community and pass it along to the relevant teams, a lot of our older games are STILL great to play and we know a lot of EA fans will even jump on the oldies for nostalgia reasons. It's difficult to take down online services for games, but there is a reasoning behind it. A full explanation on why that happens can be found here: https://www.ea.com/service-updates

Thanks for taking time to write to us and we hope to see you continue enjoy playing EA games. Standard smile

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 4 (1,498 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There is a bigger problem here. I have several EA titles that I still play. One of them is The Lord of The Rings - Conquest. EA games "no longer supports" this license server. Therefore, if you ever reinstall it, the license check will fail and the game will not launch.

I opened a support ticket, and the problem remains unresolved. I keep getting emails from EA Games asking me if I still need help from an e-mail monitored in box. I don't think that this will change how EA games views legacy game support. The solution is quite simple. For these legacy games EA games simply needs to patch the. exe so that the license server check is bypassed, similar to the no cd hack.
I will not buy anymore EA titles due to this.

Message 3 of 4 (920 Views)

Hero
Hi @pcdudeleal Since this topic is quite old now, I'm going to lock it.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 4 of 4 (905 Views)