Re: Revive Network ShutDown

by SiNsOfThEDeViL

Original Post

Revive Network ShutDown

★★ Novice

hello everyone ! i want to ask why you did copyrights to revive network? where is the point ? these guys allowed us to play the LEGENDARY GAME battlefield Heroes on their servers and you did copyrights to them? why ? what you will get from this??

Message 1 of 7 (2,071 Views)

★★★ Guide

im bf1942 fan my self bf1942 will still be online after this its hosted by ax 

and fhsw on bf1942 is best game i ever played

Message 2 of 7 (2,027 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA could revive them with microtransactions.

Message 3 of 7 (1,977 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Honestly if EA could at least let us download BF2 and BF2142 for a decent price like $10-$15 each (or better yet that price for both together) WITH online support or at least the ability for players to host their own servers I wouldn't be so mad (hint hint). But since they shut down the project with NO way to even buy the game from EA, I down get it. It's pretty much a spit in the face for us long time BF players who still like to play the older games. I mean like BF4 and BF1 but damn it, I really liked booting up good ol' BF2 once and a while and playing online or even one of the many mods for it. Its a shame that EA has eventually killed the three games now for good.

Message 4 of 7 (1,952 Views)

★ Guide

Goto Battlefield2142.co

You can still play 2142 on Gameranger..

AIrJerr

Message 5 of 7 (1,690 Views)

★ Guide

None of the players reported Revive Network as long as I know

However the RW didn't contact EA to bring back BF2, BF 2142 and BF Heroes online

EA contacted the Revive Network and told them to stop using their games for their own 'service'

Furthermore EA had 100% rights to shutdown Revive Network

The topic is dead right now, we all understand why this happened and we all knew that one day it will

The last time I spoke with EA Advisor regarding my issue at the time i also asked if EA will be adding old BF games on Origin Store which he replied with 'yes, but we don't know when' so maybe just maybe we will be able to play those legendary titles once more

Message 6 of 7 (1,654 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Lets make this clear, EA did not ask Revive to shut down the reworked master server, nor the website, nor the Discord. The unprofessional, immature, discombobulated, uncaring Revive admin did that on their own accord... EA simply asked them to stop giving away the games for free which is understandable and completely within their rights.. They were also running Google Adwords on the same website that was giving away the game for free which is not smart at all.. EA had no right or legal position to force Revive, Spencer, to shut down the Discord and the Revive websites.. Spencer and Revive did it cause they did not care about the players and did not want to deal with it.. I have Discord chat snapshots of 2 of the 3 admins on Revive saying basically they hope 2142 just dies and they don't give a f**k...  EA was a good scapegoat and that is what Revive used them for, blame EA for their decision to shut it ALL down.. I am still not even convinced that the email from EA was even real or just an excuse. If you read the letter you could not imagine that coming from legal council for a multi-milion dollar company.. I mean can you imagine EA taking a letter like that into a court of law and presenting it to a judge saying "we warned them" ? The judge would laugh them out of court and probably suggest EA fire their legal council for writing free lance jargon as a legal document.

Goto Battlefield2142.co for all the information to play in 2018

Message 7 of 7 (1,405 Views)