Origin Store - Battlefield 2

by eirikheggelund

Original Post

Origin Store - Battlefield 2

★★★ Novice

Hi.

I was about to purchase Battlefield 2 a couple of weeks ago when I noticed that it had been removed from Origin Store. I am aware that the online servers was shut down some months ago, but I would still like to have it in my collection to play it on my own, just for old time's sake.

Is there any chance AT ALL that I could digitally purchase this game through your services to make it appear on my Origin account? Please!

Thanks in advance

Eirik Heggelund

Message 1 of 11 (1,744 Views)

Re: Origin Store - Battlefield 2

Community Manager (retired)

You should be still be able to activate a game code from a physical copy of the game on our Origin website but won't be able to get the game from our store.

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 11 (1,739 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have a physical copy of Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142, but apparently the serial codes are not valid. Are you able to activate the games to my Origin account? They cannot be completely deleted from the database. Friends who bought the game on Origin store before it was removed still has it in the library.
Message 3 of 11 (1,734 Views)

If the code redemption via the Origin client won't work, please try to redeem your code via following weblink: https://connect.origin.com/us/activate/create

Message 4 of 11 (1,732 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

None of the codes work. I don't understand why you marked this topic as solved as it obviously isn't.

Message 5 of 11 (1,726 Views)

Have you ever activated the code before or was the code activated by a different person?

Cheers

Basti

Message 6 of 11 (1,717 Views)

★★★ Novice

The code has never been activated before.

Message 7 of 11 (1,712 Views)

If the code is not working in Origin neither on our activation website, there is not much we can do here as we can't check codes or grant entitlements on your account. I am sorry, you would have to get in contact with one of our Game Advisor for further assistance: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=battlefield-2&platform=pc

Message 8 of 11 (1,710 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

And there is really NO way to purchase the game through the Origin service? No workarounds? I knew I should'nt have waited any longer to purchase the game...

Message 9 of 11 (1,708 Views)

If a game is not offered in our store, there won't be a workaround to get it on the store. We are hosting all offered games and if Origin is not offering the game, you can only activate a physical copy or digital code for the game which you bought outside of the Origin store. If the code redemption via our website or our Origin client is not working, you need to get in contact with one of our Game Advisor for further assistance.

Cheers

Basti

Message 10 of 11 (1,699 Views)