Re: Origin Persona Transfer

by meeoun

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Persona Transfer

★ Novice

Hey I'm just wondering if anyone can shred a bit of light on my situation. Basically I was on Xbox 360 up until about a month ago when I went out and purchased a Next Gen console. I switched platforms moving over from Xbox to PlayStation. So Xbox 360 to PS4. Now with the new Fifa out in three days I decided to go on my web app to start with the whole transfers ect give myself a head start. Now the web app comes up but it's for my Xbox live profile Xbox persona. Now my nephew has a profile on there as well as he's on PlayStation. So two profiles on there for the account one being mine which is the Xbox profile and the other being his which is the PlayStation profile. Now what I'd like to do is remove the Xbox profile and add my PlayStation profile. So 2 PSN profiles on the origin account. I can't seem to find out how I do it. If it's even possible. I thought if I go on account setting's I'd be able to add and remove profiles but nothing comes up. So with that being said does anyone know if it's possible on changing my persona from X360 to the PSN? 

Message 1 of 3 (4,047 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Guide

Hi there! Sorry to hear you're having trouble managing your EA Account!
Please contact EA support to solve your problem:
1) Go to http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/
2) Select a game or product and select your platforms (Mac or PC)
3)Select a Topic (Some topics do not support the option "Live Chat". If you select "Account Management" option "Live Chat" will be available. If you select a "Account Security" option "Live Chat" will not be available.).
Also, I advise you prepare all information about your Account.

They'll be able to link or unlink any gamertag/personas.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (4,604 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

Hi there! Sorry to hear you're having trouble managing your EA Account!
Please contact EA support to solve your problem:
1) Go to http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/
2) Select a game or product and select your platforms (Mac or PC)
3)Select a Topic (Some topics do not support the option "Live Chat". If you select "Account Management" option "Live Chat" will be available. If you select a "Account Security" option "Live Chat" will not be available.).
Also, I advise you prepare all information about your Account.

They'll be able to link or unlink any gamertag/personas.

Message 2 of 3 (4,605 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes, this is very possible to do. EA calls it a "Persona Transfer". :eahigh_file:

In the description in making a case, ensure you put "Persona Transfer" instead of "game transferring" or "account merging". Many of the call representatives, despite this being what you mean to begin with, are unaware of this lingo and will tell you that such act is not possible. However, it get's troublesome if you got the game via DLC on Origin, meaning-- you didn't buy the physical copy of the game. It also is gets troublesome if your gaming title involves online data specific to that account (either old or new). As such, it's best to do this as soon as possible before racking up levels or points on a game you wish to transfer to a new account, because with a persona transfer it is very possible that you will lose any online data specific to BOTH accounts. 

Here was my experience with the Sims 3:

I had an old account that I made long before Origin existed and registered my games linked to my first email to gain access to limited free DLC for my game. Years later I took up gaming again and forgot my old account information. I also had a completely new computer, so I had to re-install the games but again didn't have the registration code pamphlets to install the game. As such, I had to used the regedit method on my old computer to recover them and reinstall them using the discs (again, this is still before Origin existed). Anyway, down the line, I buy a few new expansions and register these codes via a different email account (for I was still unaware of my old account information). Then Origin comes out, I log in with my email account (the newer one) to find out that Origin cannot not find my old games and shows that I need to purchase and install them. This was strange for me because the Sims 3 launcher showed that I had all the expansions, but Origin was conflicting what it saw and showed I did not. This was because my old games were registered under my old email. After getting access to my old email, I was able to access Origin via my old email and found all my old games, excluding of course my newly purchased expansions that were registered under my "new" account. I was able to contact EA about my dilemma and after a few verification questions regarding both accounts was able to transfer my games from my old account to my new account. 

In summary, I was very happy with EA's help center.  However, I feel that in terms of the Sims 3 (that' has a separate launcher in lieu of Origin) that things got rocky since the 1.69 patch and should be looked into on their end to avoid this situations like this. Especially with older games like the Sims 3 that came out long before Origin existed. 

Message 3 of 3 (3,838 Views)