Origin Bug / 2142 License Issue

by MATHELUSS

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Bug / 2142 License Issue

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello all,

I recently tried activating a disc copy of BF2142 on Origin, and was not able to use the game code. After Contacting several EA Advisors over the past few weeks, I was informed that the code appeared as active, however I cannot view the game in my library. I was also informed that EA Advisors are unable to fix this, as they no longer have acces to the tools required to manage licenses for older titles.

This has been a disappointment, as while I have the disc to install and play the game, it requires several game patches which EA no longer host, which the Origin download includes. While these can still be found through 3rd parties, I don't expect this to always be the case. Furthermore, I have owned this game since 2006, and don't know why it does not show in my origin account, seeing as it would have previously been linked via EA.

As I appear to have exhausted the help options available to Advisors, I have been informed to post a bug report regarding this, as Advisors no longer have the ability to add a "Sunset" game to an account.

Hopefully this issue is seen by someone from the origin team, as I would like the ability to play the game in the future without hunting down patch files from quickly disappearing sources.

Message 1 of 6 (1,720 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Bug / 2142 License Issue

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

We stopped selling 2142 when we sunset the game back in June 30, 2014. @MATHELUSS

Would take any site claim to sell Battlefield 2142 with caution.

/Atic

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (1,240 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team
Download manger back in the day and Origin did not sync what games you had (no idea why this was the way) @MATHELUSS

Unfortunately there is no way to add 2142 to your Origin library and as it stands now 2142 was sunset as there no longer any servers for that game.

/Atic
Message 2 of 6 (1,447 Views)

★ Apprentice

Maybe he wants play singleplayer mode againts bots?

Message 3 of 6 (1,373 Views)

★ Guide
@MATHELUSS
Is the information on this page any help to you
https://battlefield2142.co/
I should add -- BF2142 still shows on my Origin account (but it has been there for many years..!)
Message 4 of 6 (1,318 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Atic That's a shame, as while EA no longer provide servers, there are several community projects that re-enable online play, one of which @b0gart-555 mentioned. I also find it interesting that despite the game being sunset, there are still online stores claiming to have Origin activate-able keys for sale.
Message 5 of 6 (1,252 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

We stopped selling 2142 when we sunset the game back in June 30, 2014. @MATHELUSS

Would take any site claim to sell Battlefield 2142 with caution.

/Atic

Message 6 of 6 (1,241 Views)