New Competitive Season/Competitive Matchmaking in Battlefield Hardline

by MetalMinotaur

Original Post

Re: New Competitive Season/Competitive Matchmaking in Battlefield Hardline

★★★★★ Apprentice

Any updates on the competitive season in Hardline? It's been a while since we've heard from anyone.

For those who are interested in supporting this being fixed, posting a comment is a good way to keep this thread relevant and near the top of the forum. Any kind of support is appreciated, though.

Message 51 of 104 (2,048 Views)

@MetalMinotaur

As it is by now almost 1 year ago as the last Competitive Season was available there will most likely be no more updates coming regarding this topic.

Greets,

Travis 

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 52 of 104 (2,036 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Its_Travis_199 thnx for your reply !

Is there any chance that the requirement for the trophy "Test your mettle" for finishing 25 competitive matches will be changed so that it can be obtainable again ? 

Many games out there had the same issue with some of the trophies and the problem was fixed by either modifying the trophy requirements or by making the trophy auto-pop for everyone upon starting the game.

Could you please comment on that ?

Thank you !

Message 53 of 104 (2,021 Views)

@CapiGoal11

I'll come back at you in case i get any new informations regarding this topic. Standard smile 

But with the studio that worked on this no longer existing, it's hard to tell if anyone is now in change of this or if it just ended.

Cause it's already been a while. 

I don't think it's that easy to just change the requirements for an already existing trophy/achievement.

And sadly not even the platform specific company can probably manually unlock those type of things for you, as the achievement will require the ingam requirement to be finished.

Seems people who want to do it now might be too late. Embarrassed

Greets,

Travis 

Message 54 of 104 (1,985 Views)

★★ Guide
  • @Its_Travis_199  It really doesn't seem right to me . I notice that EA and Dice don't even frame the Hardline game as a '' Battlefield '' game. A lot of people paid for this game, not to mention dlc, I started to play a little and it is impossible to find a  person on server that contains dlc maps. If they are still not interested in supporting the game, out of respect for the community of this game, they should offer the game for free and include dlcs maps in the normal rotation of the maps ( vanilla maps ).   
  •  They just don't want to take the money for the game and then don't support  the game at all ''
Message 55 of 104 (1,841 Views)

Well, it's not our choice if it'll become free or not. Embarrassed

Greets, 

Travis 

Message 56 of 104 (1,827 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I mean no disrespect here @Its_Travis_199 but we have had two community managers in this very thread who showed interest in our cause, even offering up that the devs/publishers/someone had been made aware. Following that, they have ghosted us despite multiple attempts at contact. If there is a current community manager you are friendly with or could bring the attention of this thread to, that would be great. It has been regularly bumped and top page for a long time now so hard to miss.

We are not asking for you personally to keep an eye out for more information and give us blind guesses. We are politely asking for the issue to be escalated somehow. And what seems like a simple fix to an outsider, finally be implemented so numerous paying customers can finish the game achievements wise. Let's not forget people that would also love comp seasons to come back. 

This is all we ask. Forward it on and for the CM's to then keep in contact. 

Message 57 of 104 (1,815 Views)

@geordiedeviant

With my reply above regarding "I'll come back if i have any new informations" i meant like i forwarded this issue again do some EA staff just in case they're pretty busy with many things.

Therefore we'll see what the reply will be if any of them have some news for us and stops by in this thread. 

Greets, 

Travis 

Message 58 of 104 (1,801 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Fellow achievement hunters, I can confirm that Test Your Mettle (Complete 25 Competitive Matches) is still obtainable on PC - I literally played my first match this afternoon. We have a small group of people, some of whom got the achievement a couple of months ago. We need at least 8 players to start the matches though, so come join us!

Here's a link to our Discord server:

https://discord.gg/bNmpsMgAmQ

Message 59 of 104 (1,612 Views)

★★ Guide

@Its_Travis_199  More than sure the EA staff are pretty busy with Battlefield 2042 wich is a total FAIL. I really don’t understand why they don’t care about community and all they care is money. 
To offer BF Hardline game for free and include dlc maps in “vanillla” rotatio is really not a big deal. Not to mention competitive matches. Even BF4 deserve more attention than the new” battlefield” .

Message 60 of 104 (1,521 Views)