Re: Make Hardline Premium Free?

by snifflesaber

Original Post

Make Hardline Premium Free?

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hardline has been out for years now, and unlike games that have become just before and after it (Battlefield 4 and 1), its premium pass is not free on EA Play on Xbox. It's a shame, because there's no point in buying it (even on sale) as nobody plays on the premium maps, which also means that the premium features are essentially lost content (for consoles at least), as you're unlikely to ever play on them. Which is sad, because some of the modes and maps in the DLC seem fun.

So if somebody from EA is reading this, please consider making Premium free for players, at least for those with EA Play, like on other Battlefield games. Since nobody is going to buy DLC that no one plays, but making it free will mean players will actually try out the DLC maps/modes - Battlefield 4 DLC servers are still full to this day. And by making the DLC free, it will encourage players to go back to the game, so more people may buy the game if they hear about it being more active again.

Message 1 of 9 (1,014 Views)

★ Guide

Hoping the same thing for BF4, or atleast a sale on PSN Standard smile

Message 2 of 9 (971 Views)

Hero

They've given away Premium in the past so it could well happen again. It's a case of keeping an eye peeled and crossing your fingers.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 3 of 9 (963 Views)

★★ Novice

Honestly I feel like all the DLC maps should be included into the base map rotation. It would help revitalize the game somewhat and make the game much more fun for the dedicated community remaining.

Honestly, it's criminal (no pun intended) that Hardline players cannot even enjoy the DLC maps (especially Premium owners) since there are never any DLC servers.

If EA or DICE, or whoever controls Hardline now since Visceral Games is gone could just include the DLC maps into base rotation, I'd be happy and I'm sure everyone else playing the game would be too. And, like I said, I'm sure it would incentivize many people to come back.

Message 4 of 9 (950 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm thinking of renting a server on PS4 with all DLC maps. I'm not sure how many would show up if I did however

Message 5 of 9 (818 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@emilmanownesu Someone on Xbox One did this recently, over the last week or so. It hasn't been up long enough for me to properly gauge how active it is, but at the weekend I think they may have got a few games in, whilst on weekdays it isn't that active. I would join it if premium was on sale. I'm not sure how active PS4 Hardline is in comparison.

Is there a Hardline discord anywhere to organise anything? I remember back in BF1 days there were organised servers on Fridays.
Message 6 of 9 (805 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@ElliotLH That was last in 2016 for the road to BF1 I think. Hopefully the road to BF2042 will include things becoming free for older games too, though it feels like EA have forgotten about Hardline, as it's the only new game (out of 4, Hardline, 1 and V) that hasn't had any teasers for BF2042 in-game.
Message 7 of 9 (801 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah I figured I wanna have a server up only on the weekend. But I just wanna make sure people will actually play on it so. The player base is pretty slim on the PS4. There's maybe like one server per game mode active. 

I'd love to know about the discord aswell

Message 8 of 9 (793 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@emilmanownesu Yeah, there are the official Battlefield and r/battlefield discords, but the channels in the official Battlefield discord aren't good (only Battlefield discussion channels are #battlefield2042 and #battlefield), and r/battlefield doesn't have a channel for Hardline either.

Though the Battlefield discord also has a looking for game section that you can try.
Message 9 of 9 (787 Views)