Re: Ea Agent - Battlefield Hardline Cross-play Option

by Deathbreacher

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ea Agent - Battlefield Hardline Cross-play Option

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hello, 

And here I come back after buying Battlefield 2042 Ultimate Edition on PS5. Battlefield Hardline remains one of the best games in the franchise but I have the impression that EA wants to bury this game. I don't understand why you don't offer the game for free, if you still don't care about it. There are a lot of players left but on different platforms. Is there any possibility to add the cross-play option in Battlefield Hardline? (PlayStation-Xbox-PC ). You would make a lot of faithful people in this community happy. Please just discuss this topic with each other and show us a little will on your part. There are so many beautiful maps in DLC's but not everybody owns premium edition. 

I am a veteran Battlefield player and I bought all the games including the latest one, BATTLEFIELD 2042.

For god sake , just show a little respect to loyal people EA !

Thank you !

[Edit: All caps removed from title]

Message 1 of 6 (2,515 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA AGENT - BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE CROSS-PLAY OPTION

@PremiumDamian

Well, this is not only the case for BFH.

Even BF4 many people love (also myself) but at some point it'll be played less and less as older as it gets. But still many years after release a lot of Veterans play those games which they like. At least as long as it's possible.

But for sure Cross-play won't be added to those previous titles.

As there is not much support left for them older games, plus it'll be too much of a change to add for making Cross-play a thing. 

Especially if we don't know if it's even  possible to make for those games.

So pretty much not happening. Embarrassed sorry

Greets,

Travis 

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (2,440 Views)

All Replies

Re: EA AGENT - BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE CROSS-PLAY OPTION

@PremiumDamian

Well, this is not only the case for BFH.

Even BF4 many people love (also myself) but at some point it'll be played less and less as older as it gets. But still many years after release a lot of Veterans play those games which they like. At least as long as it's possible.

But for sure Cross-play won't be added to those previous titles.

As there is not much support left for them older games, plus it'll be too much of a change to add for making Cross-play a thing. 

Especially if we don't know if it's even  possible to make for those games.

So pretty much not happening. Embarrassed sorry

Greets,

Travis 

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 2 of 6 (2,441 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah, EA wouldn't do such a thing because that'd be too much of a hassle since they're older games and Hardline is considered a black sheep in the Battlefield franchise. And really EA doesn't want to give more reasons for players going to past games instead of their current games which in their eyes give more monetary value (despite them keeping "Surprise Mechanics" into their old games)

However, with Portal and while I doubt this would happen but maybe they could add some sort of Hardline into the game be it a special event mode, maps, weapons, gadgets etc. I have no doubts that elements of BF4 will find their way into Portal.
Who knows? Hardline could make a Portal appearance if enough voices are raised in the future?

Message 3 of 6 (2,207 Views)

★★ Novice

Btw can you help with changing the server browser to an ingame one like bf4

Message 4 of 6 (1,180 Views)

★★ Novice

Why does only hardline PC have an external site but cosole has it in-game. Why can't I have multiplayer and single player in the same place like on Console on the PC version how hard is it to do that for PC. 

Message 5 of 6 (1,179 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hi @Deathbreacher, Its a lot harder then you think to get cross play to get working.

This is on the older side of time, I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

/Atic

Message 6 of 6 (1,047 Views)