Original Post

Accepted Solution

Does Battlefield Vietnam work with windows 7

★ Newbie

Message 1 of 18 (15,688 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Does Battlefield Vietnam work with windows 7

★★★★★ Newbie

I play Battlefield Vietnam on a Win 7 backup computer that is not hooked up to the internet, so I undid the KB3086255 security update, and yes BV works!  It's awesome to play on a win 7 machine, b/c you can crank up all the graphics at run at 64 bots.

View in thread

Message 15 of 18 (10,451 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

It should run on your Windows 7 system but it can cause trouble. You should try to install it and if issues occur, try the windows compatibility mode.

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 18 (15,648 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes it should run fine on Windows 7. If you run into any problems run it in compatibility mode for Windows Xp service pack 2 or 3. Have fun!! Standard smile

Message 3 of 18 (15,642 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Battlefield Vietnam not working i have use compatibility mode but still getting same results.

whenever i try to open the exe file of game it just show hour glass for a second and nothing appears. Please HELP if there is any solution for it??? 

Message 4 of 18 (14,815 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hello @Amurmutahar,

Please make sure to update your game to version 1.20 first and afterwards to 1.21. You may need to run the game with administrator privileges. Please go to the compatibility tab and tick "Run this program as an administrator". Try to run the game with different compatibility modes such as Windows Server 2008.

Cheers

If anybody was able to solve your problem, please click

✔αccepт αѕ ѕolυтιoɴ or +1 for any helpful answers. Thanks! ㋡✌

I don't work for EA.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Konnte jemand dein Problem lösen? Dann klicke bitte auf

αℓѕ ʟöѕυɴg αкzeρтιereɴ oder +1 für jede hilfreiche Antwort. Danke! ㋡✌

Ich arbeite nicht für EA.

Message 5 of 18 (14,807 Views)

★ Novice

it still doesnt work for me

Message 6 of 18 (14,383 Views)

★ Novice

My friend is also having the same issue game is up to date, tried to run administrative and all the compatibility modes. nothing seems to work. I try to start and the best i got is black screen for a second and then it just went back to home screen. before this he was also just getting the "work in progress" symbol and nothing was happing, till i started messing with the 260 color setting in the preferences. please help with any suggestions, as i am completely stumped

Message 7 of 18 (14,201 Views)

★ Novice

I have been having issues with this just recently had it installed not 9 months ago and ran fine with no issues. 

I have the patches 1.2 &1.21 installed, I have tried reinstalling the game, I have ran it in compatibility mode with Windows XP (service pack 2&3) Windows 2000, and Vista. I run the program as with administrative privileges. Not sure why it isn't working now.

Message 8 of 18 (14,155 Views)

★ Novice

are you also not even having the game start up at all the best you can get is black screen?

Message 9 of 18 (14,103 Views)

★ Novice

Does any body have any answers at all?!?!??!

Message 10 of 18 (14,074 Views)