Re: Changing language in Battlefield Hardline

by Amphiregulin

Original Post

Changing language in Battlefield Hardline

★ Novice

Hey guys,

I can't seem to switch the language from German to English in my Battlefield Hardline ultimate edition.

You answered another post here by saying that localized versions only support localized languages.

But the store page for the software I bought lists a whole bunch of supported languages:

Czech, German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian....

So is the store page wrong? And how do I get a refund then?

Because I can't stand the terrible German dubbing.

Thanks!

store screenshot

Message 1 of 13 (43,179 Views)

EA Staff

For the German version you should get English as well. To make sure the game installs in English switch your Origin client to English (Application Settings - General) and then run the installation for the game.

Message 2 of 13 (43,094 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks Kristi,

that worked for the audio.

It didn't change the menu language and in-game titles language though, giving me a very ragtag experience:

Origin in english, Battlelog in english, game audio in english but on-screen instructions in german.

Is there a solution for this as well?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 13 (43,079 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Hello, i have the same question, but my lunguage is Russian, and this solution didn`t help me, what i can do for changing audio on eng? 

Message 4 of 13 (42,950 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You wanna tell me I have to reinstall the game for another six hours just because of that thing which wasn't necessary for bf4?

Message 5 of 13 (42,882 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Someone reported this worked:

Change Origin to the proper language.

Close Origin.

Delete :   \Origin Games\BFH\Data\Win32\Loc

Run Origin

Repair Game Files

Russian version does not include English.  

Supported Languages: Polski, Русский язык

You can check what your version supports by going to the Origin page and viewing what it says under Supported Languages near the bottom.

Message 6 of 13 (42,868 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

FINALLY!!!

to change the HUD Language, press the "Windows-Key" + "R", enter "regedit.exe" and hit enter,

then go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA Games\BFH"

change the value of "Locale" from "de_DE" to "en_US", close regedit.

Now that's done go to your origin settings and change the Client language to "English (US)"

The last two steps are as following:

Go to your "OriginGames" folder and delete "GDFBinary_de_DE_64.dll" and "bfh.exe"

Finally open up origin and hit "Download", after the download is finished, the HUD Language

and the Audio language should be english now.

Hope this helped,

Lyx

Message 7 of 13 (42,698 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I own the german version as well and I changed my origin clients language to english US but when I try to start BFH it states that the account I'm playing on doesn't have access to the language files that are currently installed. The german dub is terrible and the german version of on screen text is terrible too. I just want to play this game in english just like I did with BF3 and BF4. This problem is ruining this game for me and I don't even want to play it anymore now.

Message 8 of 13 (42,223 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That works... Tnks!! :manhappy:

Message 9 of 13 (41,538 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Now that's done go to your origin settings and change the Client language to "English (US)"

Finally open up origin and hit "Download", after the download is finished, the HUD Language

and the Audio language should be english now."

How do I go to my original settings.. I can't seem to see that option after 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA Games\BFH"

change the value of "Locale" from "de_DE" to "en_US", close regedit.

Can you please reply as to where would this folder be of original.. I can see original games but can't seem to locate original

Message 10 of 13 (14,982 Views)