Can't add Battlefield 2 to Origin

by SOBR-Sefski

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't add Battlefield 2 to Origin

★★ Novice

Hi there,

Was just trying to add my CD key for my BF2 hard copy to Origin, but it won't accept it.

What can I do about this?

The error message is: The product code you entered is not valid. Please confirm that the code has been entered correctly. FAQ.

I've checked and reentered the code several times, so it is correct as printed in the game case.

Cheers!

Message 1 of 17 (25,140 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't add Battlefield 2 to Origin

EA Community Manager

Hey @Tekkiebekkie,

the codes for BF2 are quite old, so it's likely they cannot be entered in Origin to unlock the game.

An EA Advisor however should be able to check the code for you and grant you a digital download of BF2 - so feel free to contact (again) via chat or phone to get the game granted to your account.

View in thread

Message 3 of 17 (28,203 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

Same here, got a hardcopy which is a retail version so it's not compatible with Origin.

I contacted the helpchat, but they just said that its impossible to activate it since it's not an Origin version. The Origin services for Battlefield 2 itself are stopped btw, but if you have an Origin code for it, you'll still be able to activate and download it for SP or LAN MP (online multiplayer/chatrooms etc. wont work tho).

So I asked for an Origin activation at the helpdesk, since i don't have an optical drive (for the DVD) in my pc.

But apparently they can't access their own registration systems which give permissions for accessing their BF2 download servers.

So i guess we're just fked.

Message 2 of 17 (24,780 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @Tekkiebekkie,

the codes for BF2 are quite old, so it's likely they cannot be entered in Origin to unlock the game.

An EA Advisor however should be able to check the code for you and grant you a digital download of BF2 - so feel free to contact (again) via chat or phone to get the game granted to your account.

Message 3 of 17 (28,204 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Okay thanks, Ill try it today Standard smile

Message 4 of 17 (24,658 Views)

★★ Apprentice

An advisor just added a BF2 complete collection license to my account Standard smile

It's great to see how keys get re-released again Wink

Message 5 of 17 (24,654 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @Tekkiebekkie,

that's great news, thanks for sharing. I'll mark this as solution, so others can follow the same route.

Enjoy Battlefield 2!

Message 6 of 17 (24,627 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please I'm having the same issue. See EA help case 36169743.

Thanks

Message 7 of 17 (24,296 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @Gasvuurke-wombat,

I looked into this and found that you should already have the game on your account after contacting an EA Advisor. That's great news!

Hope all is running smoothly now, otherwise feel free to share it here. Have a great week!

Message 8 of 17 (24,252 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I have the same problem as SOBR.

BF2 hard copy, but won't work with origin. Then read this thread. Took the advice and used EA support chat.

Gave them the key.

She said that since I have used the game in 2006 (year of purchase), then there is nothing she can do.

A'm I missing something here ? Did all of you buy the game within the last year and first used the CD key online via origin or something like that ?

Hope that EA_Joker can help me Standard smile

Message 9 of 17 (23,857 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @Ericssione,

apologies for the late reply.

For some older titles like Battlefield 2, retail copies will contain product codes that cannot be redeemed via Origin directly, due to their age. Usually reaching out to an EA Advisor should help there, they would be able to look up that code and grant you a digital copy that contains the recent updates.

Unfortunately, we cannot do this on the forums, since the account ownership has to be confirmed first on a live contact. Looking into this it seems as if you already reached out to an Advisor who was able to help you out there. Looks like you're all good then, so have a wonderful weekend.

Message 10 of 17 (23,772 Views)