Battlefield Vietnam 2004 Origin Version

by Lunelli_98

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield Vietnam 2004 Origin Version

★★ Guide

Back in 2002, the Battlefield series was created with the classic Battlefield 1942. On 2012, at the series anniversary, EA released a digital version of the game to celebrate it. 

Of course, it would be cool of EA to make a digital version of BF vietnam in 2024 of its 20th anniversary. However, it'd be a lot cooler if EA surprised its players with a surprise, the digital version of BF Vietnam.

Of course, it would be windows 10 compatible and full origin support. 

I have the original game and would like to play the game as it is (graphics wise).

It would be cool to see EA caring for its old and new costumers and releasing some classics that made the Battlefield series grow like it is today. 

Have a good day y'all! 

Message 1 of 4 (1,402 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield Vietnam 2004 Origin Version

EA DICE Team
I would love to play the classic Vietnam game again on a modern system, dodgy RPGs in a Huey with classic "Creedence Clearwater Revival – Fortunate Son" from the speakers. 

But currently, we haven't announced any plans for us to bring this to the modern systems. 

/Atic

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,360 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team
I would love to play the classic Vietnam game again on a modern system, dodgy RPGs in a Huey with classic "Creedence Clearwater Revival – Fortunate Son" from the speakers. 

But currently, we haven't announced any plans for us to bring this to the modern systems. 

/Atic
Message 2 of 4 (1,361 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Atic

If i remember correctly, the team that made BF Vietnam had around 35 developers. Is it that hard to get a group of people to create/modify the game to be able to run on Windows 10?

Best,

L

Message 3 of 4 (1,356 Views)

★★★ Novice
I totally agree with you.

BF1942, BF Vietnam and BF2 are still among my favorite shooters. (recently reinstalled the latter two. It saddens me that big developers like EA games dispose of such games in such a cavalier way over the last decade. All they seem bothered about is $$$$.

There is still a large battlefield 2 community, with modders still creating content for the game. I for example have over 600 single player maps in my BF2 vanilla levels folder as well as all the major mods installed, plus over a terabyte of maps and modifications backed up on Blu Ray and external disks.

I still prefer these three games despite BF3 onward looking amazing graphically. I never really got into the online part of BF2142 or Battlefield Bad Company, as I was still into Battlefield 2 and the then recently released Crysis. The support for the single player part of the game after Battlefield 2 was virtually non existent. apart from the latest Battlefield game, I've purchased every battlefield game, more out of loyalty than being desperate to play the latest iteration. As they have been released, I've become more and more disillusioned with EA games, and now refuse to support the developer any longer. This means i will not get to play the latest and future versions of Battlefield, but I'm willing to do that as I feel EA games no longer care for their communities.
Message 4 of 4 (1,250 Views)