Battlefield Hardline DirectX Error

by LaFerrariii

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield Hardline DirectX Error

★★ Novice

I just downloaded Battlefield Hardline today on PC. I played it for about 30 mins and I had to leave so I quit the game and turned off the computer. One hour later, I tried to turn on the game, but it says "You did not install the game, please go and install." I went to install it and it says "DirectX Error" Did that happen to anyone? Please help me! The picture is in Chinese.

Message 1 of 14 (6,179 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield Hardline DirectX Error

EA DICE Team

@LaFerrariii

When you click the Reply button, click Choose File and navigate to the dxdiag.txt file on your system. Just double-click to attach it. Type in a small response and click reply.

asdasdase.PNG

View in thread

Message 11 of 14 (7,393 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@LaFerrariii Could you translate what the photo says to English? Try right clicking on Hardline and selecting "Repair Game" 

Message 2 of 14 (6,145 Views)

★★ Novice

It says "DirectX Error, inner system error." Thx for helping!

Message 3 of 14 (6,139 Views)

★★ Novice

I can't repair the game because I can't even install the game now. I don't know why I have to install it I had installed it before.

Message 4 of 14 (6,135 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @LaFerrariii

Go to Computer > C > Program Files (x86) > Origin Games

Once you are in the Origin folder go into your BH Folder > _Installer > DirectX > redist

Once you are in this folder you will notice a bunch of .cab's. Delete ALL of the .cab files OUT of the redist folder.You must have  filles-dxdllreg_x86cab anddxupdate.cab. Delete them and follow the steps.

DO NOT DELETE: DSETUP.dll, dsetup32.dll, or DXSETUP.exe

Once the redist folder only has those 3 files that you DIDN'T delete are left, go back into Origin / My Games / BH  and hit the "Ready to Install" button again and it should be all set..

NOTE Right-click on DXSETUP.exe and Run as an Administrator.This should fix all the permission issues.

Retired champion.
Message 5 of 14 (6,127 Views)

★★ Novice

This doesn't works for me but thank you so much for helping me!

Message 6 of 14 (6,107 Views)

EA DICE Team

@LaFerrariii

Can you please reply to this thread with a dxdiag? You could also try downloading the latest version of Direct X from the Microsoft website.

Message 7 of 14 (6,098 Views)

★★ Novice

How do I reply whith a dxdiag?

Message 8 of 14 (6,087 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@LaFerrariii If you need to get the dxdiag info, read here for instructions http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/Guide-Posting-a-DxDiag/td-p/4832663

If you have it and want to link it here, You can simply upload it to http://hastebin.com/ and share the link here.

Message 9 of 14 (6,078 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks! I'll do it tomorrow!

Message 10 of 14 (6,074 Views)