Re: Battlefield Companion app can't change profile

by woochie26

Original Post

Battlefield Companion app can't change profile

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
Tried to get on the app to do whatever, can't even remember what I was going to do now. But when I opened the app I was greeted with the profile change screen. It made me select PC (I play on Xbox One) and now it won't let me select Xbox One as my platform. I have signed out of the app and signed back in, uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, and restarted my phone to no avail.

Update: It appears time has resolved my issue
Message 1 of 7 (3,217 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @BabiesAndBombs,

thanks for the info and update on this. This should usually be resolved by logging into the game on the console to sync the data.

If time fixed this issue: All good. Have a great time on the Battlefield!

Message 2 of 7 (3,172 Views)

★★★ Newbie
No it stays that way
Message 3 of 7 (2,513 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same issue. When i log into the app, it only shows my "PC" profile even though I play on Xbox 1. I have been trying to trouble shoot this for a week. Any thoughts as to how I change my profile to console instead of PC? I am not sure how to point the app to my xbox profile. 

Message 4 of 7 (2,418 Views)

★ Novice

Update: I contacted EA through their online chat service and they were able to update my profile with the correct gaming type (PC to Xbox). I now have the profile in Battlefield Companion and it is working perfectly fine.

Message 5 of 7 (2,412 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @woochie26,

how exactly were you able to display the Xbox account in the end? That info might be helpful for other players encountering the same issue.

Message 6 of 7 (2,385 Views)

★ Novice
I supposedly had two email accounts. My gamertag was pointing to the one I logged into my Xbox with and not the account I setup online, which I was using to log into The Companion App. The EA support team said this was something they had to change on their end. Five minutes after they changed it and one password reset later, I was able to login and see all my cresentials.
Message 7 of 7 (2,378 Views)