Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Steam Version - Multiplayer login not working

by firetiger1021

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Steam Version - Multiplayer login not working

★★★ Newbie

So This game was just on sale on Steam. Bought it and the all the DLC's, etc.  I open it up fine, click Multiplayer and attempt to login.  I assume EA Account means Origin account, so I enter that information, fine, enter my serial, fine, accept the TOC, then receive a popup saying, "Unable to log in. Please try again.  So I re-enter my account information for my Origin account, and just receive the popup for login failure.  

I tried resetting my password for that account, and still receive that error.  I tried both username and email address for this screen in-game, and have been very confused for the past couple days.  I know you can play this game directly through Steam without Origin, but cannot figure out this Multiplayer login problem.

I was told by Steam that if I activate through Origin, the Steam version becomes invalid and I cannot play through Steam, and I would like to play this through Steam, if at all possible.

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 5 (8,625 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Hi,

Steam does not activate the game, EA does. Steam only distributes. The game has an ingame login that you have to use to activate the game, with steam, origin or even without both clients. This seems an issue with your account, I suggest you contact a game advisor.

To contact support, please visit the following site:

EA Help - Contact Us

# Please login to the site by using the login function in the menu bar, top-right.
# If need, you can change your language by clicking on the displayed language in the menu bar, top-left.
# Now search the game you need help with.
# Click on the provided game image to select it and click next.
# On the next page, select your platform and click next
# As final choice, select a topic and enter your problem and click next

The site will now give you the available contact options. These depend on the country/language you chose.

Best regards,
inSmithereens

# If an answer was of help to you, please click as it could help others.
# You can reward a helping post by using the button.
# Please be aware, I am not an EA employee.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (9,398 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Hi,

Steam does not activate the game, EA does. Steam only distributes. The game has an ingame login that you have to use to activate the game, with steam, origin or even without both clients. This seems an issue with your account, I suggest you contact a game advisor.

To contact support, please visit the following site:

EA Help - Contact Us

# Please login to the site by using the login function in the menu bar, top-right.
# If need, you can change your language by clicking on the displayed language in the menu bar, top-left.
# Now search the game you need help with.
# Click on the provided game image to select it and click next.
# On the next page, select your platform and click next
# As final choice, select a topic and enter your problem and click next

The site will now give you the available contact options. These depend on the country/language you chose.

Best regards,
inSmithereens

# If an answer was of help to you, please click as it could help others.
# You can reward a helping post by using the button.
# Please be aware, I am not an EA employee.

Message 2 of 5 (9,399 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I appreciate the quick response to this issue I had, even on this old game.  Thank you very much, the customer support advisor was able to make changes to my account to fix the problem. Apparently my account didn't have online permissions for some reason; but all is well now.

As a side note, if that reply is posted from a generic list of solutions or something, like a database of faqs you guys keep in-house, you should spell-check it first.  Again, I appreciate the response and it helped, don't get me wrong, I just have issues seeing a professional company, or corporation or whatever EA thinks of itself, when there are responses posted with typos or mistakes that could be fixed with a quick glance over or spell-check.  It also could improve online relations with the customers, ease the hurt a little.

Just my two cents.

Message 3 of 5 (8,567 Views)

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

I am not a EA employee. Just a volunteer on these forums.

AHQ is mainly a community (player) driven forum so you will probably see spelling errors more.

But thanks for pointing it out. I clearly overlooked some things here.

Message 4 of 5 (8,563 Views)

★★★ Newbie

On the origin page go down bottom left to your name and go to help and chat with a person and they will add the game to your origin library then multiplayer will work. You're welcome🙂

Message 5 of 5 (3,786 Views)