Battlefield 2 modern combat ps2

by dar-and1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 2 modern combat ps2

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice
I contacted ea support and was told to post here about my issue. I am speaking on behalf of a large group of battlefield 2 playstation 2 fans.

The game was taken offline a few months ago due to the gamespy shutdowns. A fan made server then went on for a small bit after but was stopped. What we are asking is that this game should be brought back online. Ideally on an ea server but we would also settle for one maintained by players who are being guided by ea.There is still a large fan group for this game and it would be wasted and stupid for it not be online. We understand it would take time to create a new server and respect this.

We look forward to a response,
Thanks,
Battlefield playstation 2 community

--------------------------------------

An update of my request that fits more prominently at this time;

Bf2mc ps2 was taken offline due to gamespy shutting down. This has brought an end to a real classic and still highly liked game. Account creation is still possible through fan made servers. The only thing needed to bring back online multiplayer is a dedicated server. Unfortunately we require codes from ea to bring this back. What i am requesting is that all the required info is made public to bring back a truly great game. There is someone who is willing to host a dedicated server but needs files from ea to do this.

I know you may say we don't let people "mod" our games, but in the announcement of it being shut down they said fan options are being considered, well here is one please support it, you would make so many people happy by doing this

Thank you and see you on the battlefield
Message 1 of 47 (17,755 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield 2 modern combat ps2

EA Community Manager

Hey guys, it's really great that so many of you guys love and enjoy Battlefield 2.

Unfortunately, sometimes we have to make an unpopular decision and the online services for games are being terminated. For Battlefield 2 (including Modern Combat), this was almost 3 years ago now. (Source).

My hands are tied in this case - but your love for the franchise is much appreciated.

View in thread

Message 39 of 47 (10,558 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
I hope they do. Best game on the ps2
Message 2 of 47 (17,483 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Doubt it will happen due to the fact that its a PS2 game, very old and outdated. Sometimes its just time to move on.

Message 3 of 47 (17,469 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Its worth a try there is actually still alot of people interested in this game. Servers were still being filled when it was taken offline
Message 4 of 47 (17,463 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I second this. Maybe the devs can hand the data over to someone else and let them make a server or maybe tell the community if they have a certain amount of total playtime by a set date the server will remain up

Message 5 of 47 (17,301 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Maybe battlefield 2 premium with pc ps2 crosscompat and everyone knows ea likes money. That would actually be pretty awesome 

Message 6 of 47 (17,300 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I reckon if this game gets brought back (which it really should) it will fill servers and will definitely be worth ea's effort
Message 7 of 47 (17,286 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Also i know people who will happily set up the server if you decide you don't want to make one, so if you don't want to make one i will request for the required information to make a server to be given over.
Message 8 of 47 (17,157 Views)

★ Novice

I do like this game to come back online. I actually never played the game, but, judging by the Youtube videos, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat looks like a fun game. Right now, I have a PS2 and the game. All I need is a PS2 network adapter with a start-up disk, and then I will be able to play the game after its revival. Will it be possible to make accounts for new players? 

Message 9 of 47 (17,062 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
New accounts can be created but at current moment gameplay is not possible. We are trying to get ea to put the server back but if they don't we will ask them to release the info that we will need to create a server.

In the meantime to look at other games still available online on the ps2 check out ps2onlinegaming.com

There is still games played and that is why if this game was to come back it would be so popular 😃

Account creation is only possible though through the dns at the top of the page at bobzent.info for bf2 at moment.
Message 10 of 47 (17,059 Views)