Re: Battlefield 2 black screen on startup!!!

by baclaanjohnbryan

Original Post

★★ Novice

So, 2015 and still not working.. I've tried everything on internet AND NO WORK! I would love to play this game, but no.. 

Message 11 of 22 (12,234 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Till this day, i can't play this game, please help 

Message 12 of 22 (12,179 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I had the same problems as you guys under Win8.1, I did all the tweaks given in the first few posts, in this thread but nothing worked.

After installing the 1.5 update from...

http://help.ea.com/uk/article/obtaining-the-latest-updates-for-battlefield-2/

And waiting a little while, 40 seconds at least on my computer (i7-4790K, 16GB).  It still gives a black screen at first, when starting the game. It does suddenly kick into life.

I hope this helps someone?

Message 13 of 22 (11,799 Views)

★ Novice

Hi I had the same problem.. For me the solution was to reinstall the game... And then I tried a crack from somewhere... And It started working!! But the problem isnt completely resolved.. I still am to apply the 1.41 and 1.5 patch and see if they work or the problem occurs again...

PM me if u want me to send you the crack

Message 14 of 22 (11,700 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Even i am having the same problem, can you tell me where you got the crack exe from?

Message 15 of 22 (10,788 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

GIVE IT TO ME NOW BRO!!!!

Message 16 of 22 (10,210 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi guys, I might have a solution Large smile

It might help to patch to the latest version (In addition to following all other instructions on this post). Same goes for BF 2142.

Early versions of the game do not support wide screen resolutions (at least for 2142, so i guess the same fo bf2), so if you manually set your video profile to match your screen (1920x1080@60hz) it still won't work.

Hope this helps!

Message 17 of 22 (10,193 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

simple fix....worked for me.....

if u want to play the game but you don't want to use the artillery,vehicle drop ,uav commands as a squad leader ,then update to 1.5 patch

.if u want to use the above features and still play the game ....update the game using patch 1.4 then use this exe to launch the game

[Removed - Do not share torrent links]

Message 18 of 22 (9,700 Views)

★ Novice

i just bought bf2, and i got it to work on windows 10, only thing i had to play with the video resolution, it ended up working with 1280x960@75hz 

Message 19 of 22 (8,175 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Maybe cuz you followed the instructions? Lol you probably needed to restart the computer in order to take effect.
Message 20 of 22 (6,067 Views)