Re: Battlefield 2 CD-Key

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 2 CD-Key

★ Novice

Today I got in contact with an EA empoyee via the live chat trying to register my old Battlefield 2 CD-Key. I bought the game 7 years ago and wanted to playit again a couple of days ago, but unfortunately the CD couldn't be read anymore by the PC. The employee in the chat told me that I couldn't register my CD key because it was already used. Which is true I suppose since I already played the game online in 2013. Now, is it actually true that I can't get my game activated on origin because I've already played it? Because that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. On the EA support page I read about a process of validation during which a photo of the disc and the key should be send to EA - I'd be up to do that but I didn't really have the chance to do so, so far.

I hope that I can get some help here.

Greetings,

Katze

Message 1 of 2 (1,688 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi Katze. 

If you redeemed the code back in 2013 it sounds like it's most likely already linked up with an existing EA Account. If you could access that account you may be able to download the game through the Origin client rather than needing to use the disc. 

That said, I'm afraid that account related issues wouldn't be something we could help out with here on Answers HQ. I think it would be best to follow up with the EA Help team to see if there's any way they could help you locate the account where it would have been redeemed. 

For more info on how to set up a case with them check out the EA Help website. If you'd rather, you could also speak with them through Facebook or Twitter as well. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,602 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi Katze. 

If you redeemed the code back in 2013 it sounds like it's most likely already linked up with an existing EA Account. If you could access that account you may be able to download the game through the Origin client rather than needing to use the disc. 

That said, I'm afraid that account related issues wouldn't be something we could help out with here on Answers HQ. I think it would be best to follow up with the EA Help team to see if there's any way they could help you locate the account where it would have been redeemed. 

For more info on how to set up a case with them check out the EA Help website. If you'd rather, you could also speak with them through Facebook or Twitter as well. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 2 (1,603 Views)