Re: Battlefield 2 Black Screen Crash on Startup Windows 10

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 2 Black Screen Crash on Startup Windows 10

★ Novice

Whenever I start Battlefield 2 on my laptop, the screen goes black and crashes back to desktop ( doesn't even reach the point where it says 'EA Games'. Please help me to fix and play, just to get the offline part working. I'm not bothered about going online.

I started the game without the patches - doesn't work.

I installed the patches ( 1.41 and 1.50 ) and tried again - doesn't work.

I deleted the BF2 files in 'Documents' - doesn't work.

I reset the screen resolution in the Video.con from 800x600GHz to 1366x768GHz (My recommended screen resolution) - still doesn't work.

I tried running it on compatibility mode for windows 7, XP , Vista and ran as administrator - still doesn't work!!!

I tried running the game on window mode and it gives the "Debug assertion failed" BF2 error.

I have tried every possible fix and nothing has worked.

Specifications of my Laptop:

HP Notebook 15.6"
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz
Cores: 2
RAM: 8 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System

Windows Specifications:

Edition: Windows 10 Home Single Language
Version: 1709
OS Build: 16299.125

Message 1 of 2 (917 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey there!

For older games like this one usually running it in compatibility mode can work. You might want to try updating your video card to the latest driver to see if ti works. If not, consider rolling back your video card driver until it finally works since the game was designed to run on an older GPU/Windows OS.

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (892 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey there!

For older games like this one usually running it in compatibility mode can work. You might want to try updating your video card to the latest driver to see if ti works. If not, consider rolling back your video card driver until it finally works since the game was designed to run on an older GPU/Windows OS.

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 2 (893 Views)