Re: Battlefield 1942 status

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 1942 status

★ Novice

Hello!
I'm a big fan of Battlefield series.
Battlefield 1942 is still my favourite title, despite the fact it's almost 17 years old.
The game isn't supported by EA GAMES anymore and is completely abandoned ("abandonware" unofficially). It can't be bought or downloaded in Origin, there aren't any official servers.
Despite this the community is still alive: private servers supported, different mods being developed. But for people who would like to try their hand at BF1942 there is simply no opportunity - the game can be neither purchased nor downloaded.

I would like to know, what is a status of Battlefield 1942 in terms of distribution - is it possible to allow downloading and uploading the game from/to the websites.

If possible, please forward this question to EA GAMES department responsible for such type of questions. I have contacted EA Customer Experience already with this but just got redirected here.
I would like to point out that this is not first and definitely not last question about BF1942 availability here on Answers HQ. Please consider it and possibly provide official position of EA GAMES - it will help everyone here in future.

Message 1 of 4 (1,142 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@ziba128 

We can only endorse downloads from authorized purchases and copies of the game from valid retailers. If you choose to purchase the game from another user, keep in mind CD-Keys could be used and our support cannot replace used keys.

Per our forum rules.

• Promote or discuss activities that are against the EA User Agreement. This includes software piracy, "hacks", "torrents", game "cracks", and more. See that happening on the boards? Report it directly to EA.

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,109 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@ziba128 

We can only endorse downloads from authorized purchases and copies of the game from valid retailers. If you choose to purchase the game from another user, keep in mind CD-Keys could be used and our support cannot replace used keys.

Per our forum rules.

• Promote or discuss activities that are against the EA User Agreement. This includes software piracy, "hacks", "torrents", game "cracks", and more. See that happening on the boards? Report it directly to EA.

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 4 (1,110 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry 
Thanks for replying.
I know and understand that sharing, as well as downloading games is prohibited since it's a piracy.
Actually, this topic was more like a request, not a simple question. Can anything be done to make Battlefield 1942 free to download again? If not in Origin, then just like a freeware?
I also understand that you don't make decisions, that's why in my first post I asked to forward my question to EA headquarters (I realize it may look stupid since it's impossible/pointless/not important enough for Answers HQ team/whatever).
Just tell me, please, if there is a chance:
1. to send my request to EA HQ;
2. to get contacts of a person with who it's possible to discuss the request.

Message 3 of 4 (1,034 Views)

Community Manager

@ziba128 

Thanks for being a huge fan and also a huge BF 1942 fan myself. It was one of the first games I had a LAN party with friends that enjoyed FPS games, so the nostalgia for it is real!

We're not aware of any plans for it to be released again nor a remastered version. The Battlefield team is currently focused on BFV right now which also takes place during the World War II era. 

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 4 (1,024 Views)