Battlefield 1942 - Invalid Serial Key

by michimich01

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 1942 - Invalid Serial Key

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Do you have any screen captures of your regedit screen?

BTW, I put my original CD-Key that I own.

And it still give me the "Invalid CD Key"

I may have to install my original game just to be able to play.

I don't think EA/Origin thought this one thru when they released it.

Did they even test it before the re-release?

Message 11 of 69 (8,611 Views)

Invalid Cd key on 1942? (free version)

★★★ Newbie

Hello folks, so I tried playing online once I downloaded and it's telling me I have an invalid cd key, I must be attempting to join the cd version of the games servers somehow I suppose, whereas Im only supposed to see the free versions? Maybe there is some under the hood cd key I must be missing or..?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I remember playing this singleplayer back in grade school and I loved it so much! I never got a chance to play multiplayer and I'd love to now!

Message 12 of 69 (7,091 Views)

Re: Invalid Cd key on 1942? (free version)

★★★ Newbie

quick note, found the other forum regarding this trying it now

Message 13 of 69 (7,090 Views)

★ Novice

When I saw this, I was excited, knowing that I might actually be able to finally play the game. However, something always goes wrong for me.

Going through the steps, I noticed i already had an Origin folder in the location for 32bit OS, so I went straight away to finding the product key. So, I right clicked Battlefield 1942 in Origin, but looking through the options, there wasn't anywhere for me to choose Game information/detail. The only options available were: Collapse, New, Find..., Delete, Rename, Export, Permissions..., and Copy Key Name. Any ideas on what's wrong and what to do?

Message 14 of 69 (7,221 Views)

★★★ Novice

No, you're mixing up the instructions. If I have some time today I'll make scrrenshots and post them.

Message 15 of 69 (7,205 Views)

Battlefield 1942 "Invalid CD-key" message.

★★ Novice

I just downloaded Battlefield 1942 from Origin- Each time I try and play Multiplayer I receive the message "Invalid CD-Key".

I am running Windows 8 64-bit and an Nvidia 640M, my drivers are all up to date and I haven't had an issue like this before.

Message 16 of 69 (7,093 Views)

Free Battlefield 1942 CD key in use

★★★ Newbie

Hi just downloaded the free battlefield 1942 but when I try to play it online,

a message pops up and says cd key already in use.

Message 17 of 69 (7,033 Views)

CD Key

★★★ Newbie

I have just tried to play the free BF: 1942 multiplayer but as soon as I try to join a game says invalid CD key and then quits to windows.  Am I doing something wrong?

Message 18 of 69 (7,041 Views)

Multiplayer not working?

★★★ Newbie

I just downloaded battlefield 1942 and everytime i go to play online it comes up with invalid cd key, How do i fix this?

Message 19 of 69 (7,040 Views)

invalid cd key

★ Novice

hey guys. I just downloaded Battlefield 1942 from origin but when i try to connect to online servers i get the message invalid cd key and game closes ...any ideas ?

Message 20 of 69 (7,041 Views)