Bad Company 2 servers

by NYAGunny

Original Post

BFBC2 Servers disappeared?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello, BFBC2 Soldiers

Battlefield Bad Company 2 - R.I.P (26.01.2022) - Yesterday, all servers in the list have disappeared and are not available now. I have contacted EA Support via live chat and got information that BFBC2 was closed forever and multiplayer will not be available anymore. EA Live Chat screenshots below. I understand everything, but they could warn at least, because community players own their game servers and do payment every month, but when you are trying to figure out what's wrong with BFBC2 and why the list of the servers became empty you can't find any information by Google search. I hope this post will be helpful.

Thank you!

Message 11 of 52 (4,245 Views)

Re: BFBC2 Servers disappeared?

Community Manager

Hey all!

Thanks so much for the reports!

We're investigating the possible outage of the Battlefield Bad Company 2 servers.

We'll update this thread if we have more updates to share.

Thanks.

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 12 of 52 (4,212 Views)

★★ Novice
@RantedFisher Gutted. Frown
Message 13 of 52 (4,196 Views)

★★★ Novice

In Russia, all game servers are also disabled. The outage occurred approximately between 22:00 and 22:30 Moscow time on January 26, 2022.

Message 14 of 52 (4,165 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Please, make it work again... There are loads of Battlefield series fans that cant afford new PC, therfore they're stuck on older version or just simply love this game.
Greetings from Poland

Message 15 of 52 (4,147 Views)

Re: Bad Company 2 servers

★★★ Newbie

sunucular çevrimdışı ve sunucular sürekli çöküyor. lütfen ticaret oyunu destekleyin

Message 16 of 52 (4,136 Views)

★ Novice

Dear Ea_Leeuw,

Thanks so much for investigating! We are several that have been in contact with the EA Help live chat, while being very kind and understanding the support unfortunately provides macroed responses irrelevant to the help request. Two of my cases were specifically regarding the server outage and I was offered on both occasions a trouble shooting list to restore my account or fix my internet connection instead. Very strange.

Based on one of the forum post one support agent suggested EA had completely shut down the servers. If this is the case it is extremely disappointing. We are fairly tight knit community playing the game and many friends have contact through the game and have not traded outside contact details, meaning they are now they are potentially forever lost in the ether.

It should be taken into consideration that during the current market with inflated prices on computer parts the financial threshold for many players to enter the top tier PC game environment is simply too high. We see several new players instead getting their first introduction to the Battlefield franchise through for example Bad Company 2.

Both Bad company 2 and Bad company 2 Vietnam is upheld by community servers with admins paying everything from 30-50 USD monthly on subscription.

If I interpret your post correctly EA has however not shut down servers and this is just a temporary outage, which obviously is encouraging. I think everyone can agree that any future shut down of EA server support should be announced in due time, at least so that admins can get out any server subscription agreements and not incur unnecessary costs.

Best Regards,

Yeppe/Yerko

Message 17 of 52 (4,089 Views)

Re: Bad Company 2 servers

Man you better act fast on this one 🤣 I already can't play 2042 because it's a pos, bad company 2 is the only ea game I still willingly play and enjoy 🙄

Message 18 of 52 (4,069 Views)

★★★ Novice

this is the answer i got in live chat EA Help:

So some of our customers have already reported this issue. Good thing is, our team is aware and has already started working towards a resolution, meanwhile, I’d request you to just wait for some time while we look into it. We really appreciate your patience.

I request you please wait for some time and this issue would be solve.

Message 19 of 52 (4,063 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Just a quick update; we're indeed still investigating what exactly is going on. 

We appreciate the frustration and I hope that I have more news soon.

Thanks, all.

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 20 of 52 (3,995 Views)