Re: Adding BF1942 to my account

by Lunelli_98

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Adding BF1942 to my account

★★★ Apprentice

Hey

They wasnt recoginsed through the client, and the advisor said it wasnt possible

but a year ago I had most of my other old games added except Vietnam, I just wasnt able to find my copy of 1942 then

but now I have and I would like to addit to my account

Is it still possible?

Message 1 of 5 (1,029 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@JuddV10 Try your code via https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/redemption/index. Using that method, in January 2020 I was able to redeem the base game code from my Battlefield 1942: World War II Anthology. Like you, I couldn't get my code to redeem through the Origin client (Origin > Redeem Product Code...) and EA Help told me they couldn't redeem my code either, but https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/redemption/index worked for me.

If your code doesn't work there, since EA Help has already told you they can't redeem it, you will be out of luck.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (970 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@JuddV10 Try your code via https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/redemption/index. Using that method, in January 2020 I was able to redeem the base game code from my Battlefield 1942: World War II Anthology. Like you, I couldn't get my code to redeem through the Origin client (Origin > Redeem Product Code...) and EA Help told me they couldn't redeem my code either, but https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/redemption/index worked for me.

If your code doesn't work there, since EA Help has already told you they can't redeem it, you will be out of luck.

Message 2 of 5 (971 Views)

★★★ Newbie

A strong digital experience includes a design that suffices all your needs without being in your face. Elements used are only there because you can’t do without them. Understanding human behaviour is vital to create a remarkable user experience. This is where client research and testing becomes an integral factor, and we foster the experienced designers who are pros at what they do.

UI design services

Message 3 of 5 (860 Views)

★★ Guide
@Cantiras I have done it as well but a few years ago (CD version as well - not the 10th anniversary edition). However, i only got ther base game, not the DLCs redeemed. Did you get them as well?

thx
Message 4 of 5 (754 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Lunelli_98 The Road to Rome and Secret Weapons of WWII were never available via digital download (thus disc keys could never be redeemed for them). The only reason the base game is available for digital download is because it was added to Origin in November 2012 in celebration of the franchise's ten year anniversary, and that was first time the game had been available for digital download from EA.

Quoted from Battlefield.com-

"Battlefield is celebrating its 10th Anniversary. Now available on Origin as a digital download for the first time, experience Battlefield 1942, the game that started it all."

Q: "Does this free digital download version include any of the expansion packs originally released for Battlefield 1942 (The Road to Rome and Secret Weapons of WWII)?"

A: "No."

I was, however, able to use the expansions with my Origin version by installing them from disc (technically, I installed them from ISO image backups I made back when I still had an optical drive). I remember that the disc installer from the World War II Anthology refused to install the expansions separately from the base game (probably due to a missing registry entry, but I didn't investigate it, so I'm not certain), so I installed the base game and two expansions from the discs/ISO images first, then I installed the Origin version of the base game to the same install path (in my case, I chose to install the disc versions to Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1942 for the sake of uniformity/organization, which is the default install path for the Origin version), overwriting the disc version of the base game. The Origin version then worked with the already installed expansions. I don't remember this configuration causing me any issues when later uninstalling the game; if there were any hiccups when uninstalling, they weren't notable enough for me to remember them.

Message 5 of 5 (731 Views)