Re: Origin Cloud Sync deleted saved game data in Dragon Age Inquisition.

by merribelas

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Cloud Sync deleted saved game data in Dragon Age Inquisition.

★★★ Newbie

I received a message from Origin stating that there was a confusion with my saved game data and something about cloud and my local files. I chose the 1st option "Cloud" thinking that's where my Inquisition game save files have been stored but when I started playing Inquisition, I cannot "load" my saved game because apparently they have been erased. This is really frustrating as I've already spent a good amount of hours in the game. Is there any way I can get my files back? I have no idea what happened. 

Message 1 of 99 (118,784 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

// EDIT:

I actually managed to retrieve my save files! In Origin i rightclicked Dragon Age: Inquisition and chose "View Game Details". There, next to "Details" there's a tab that says "Cloud Storage". There's an option "Restore Save". I pressed it and somehow managed to get my lost save files back.

I don't know if this works with everyone, but it certainly helped me..

View in thread

Message 4 of 99 (128,166 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Did you try to restore last saved game? Origin>My Games>DAI>Cloud Storage tab

Message 2 of 99 (118,440 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yea, I'm having exactly the same problem. I don't know what brilliant guy implemented that function in the Origin, but anyway it erased all my lastest save files. I don't think I can get those files back.

Message 3 of 99 (118,324 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

// EDIT:

I actually managed to retrieve my save files! In Origin i rightclicked Dragon Age: Inquisition and chose "View Game Details". There, next to "Details" there's a tab that says "Cloud Storage". There's an option "Restore Save". I pressed it and somehow managed to get my lost save files back.

I don't know if this works with everyone, but it certainly helped me..

Message 4 of 99 (128,167 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue, except under Cloud Storage the "Restore last save game" option is greyed out and unusable. I've restarted Origin, ran the game with admin priveledges etc. It looks like something went wrong between the local and cloud storage. Any ideas?

EDIT: I got the "restore last save game" to come up after some digging around with Origin, but the saves are still gone. This is unacceptable. Support was no help either. If I knew any better, I'd demand a refund but hell this game is good enough that I'm willing to go through 18 hours again. EA, get your **bleep** together. 

Message 5 of 99 (117,884 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks a lot mate you saved my day. your tips worked perfectly for me and saved my hours of gameplay.

Message 6 of 99 (117,607 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It looked like "restore last save game" was not working for me either, lost 11 hours.

They did show up after restarting origin and game.

Also unmarked the cloudsaving feature before restarting.

PHEW!

Message 7 of 99 (116,694 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just had this problem and was raging but got my save back, luckily.

I quicksave alot so i loaded a save and hit f9.

As if it was magic it loaded my quicksave even though it wasnt there on the saves screen.

Hope this helps.

Almost got ****ed over.

Message 8 of 99 (116,240 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Not only did my 20 hours of game play get deleted, it uploaded a new character to my list. A male human named Orc. Anyone missing a male named Orc - I got one.

UPDATE: I got my saves back. Went into Origins,

• R.click game box: View Game Details
  • L.click Cloud Storage tab
  • L.click: Restore Save - even though the timestamp says the most recent save was from this morning, after I had already opened up the game and made angry faces
  • I left the cloud sync checkbox on thinking it might force the game to do a sync check
  • It did. 
  • There were several open windows for Origins, one of which prompted me to select which game data store I wanted to use, which included local data from the night before, it had the proper timestamp of my last save, not the timestamp shown in the View Game Details window.
  • Hold breath, load game, boom there she is in all her glory.
  • alt-tab out, type this up, providing hope I can only hope
  • Uncheck the cloud save feature and get back to doing the dishes now that I'm out of game play time for the morning.

Also note, this is not an isolated issue with DAI. I saw a number of posts regarding this with ME3. 

Message 9 of 99 (115,982 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked for me also. I've restarted the game three times because the character screen don't look the same in game. So on my third try I really liked what I created then the error happened with the stupid cloud and low and behold she was gone... Checked here and found the post above worked. Thank you Al3sha

Message 10 of 99 (115,513 Views)