Game Spotlight - The Battlefield series

by Straatford87

Original Post

Game Spotlight - The Battlefield series

EA DICE Team

Battlefield.jpg

This one's for all you Shooter fans! 

Each week we'll highlight an EA game series for discussion. This week we're putting the spotlight on Battlefield.

Battlefield is one of EA's longest running game series. And what a ride it's been!  If you're a fan, please stop by for a chat to discuss your memories from the series. Feel free to use the questions below to get things going:

• What brought you into the Battlefield series?
  • What is your all-time favorite Battlefield game, and why?
  • What is your favorite Battlefield moment, ever?
  • What do you hope to see for the future of Battlefield?

Lastly, this topic is an open discussion about anything Battlefield. Feel free to stray from the above questions if you so wish.

Get ready to deploy!

Message 1 of 31 (2,366 Views)

Re: Game Spotlight - The Battlefield series

★★ Pro

@Straatford87

The game that brought me into this series is Battlefield 1, which is als my favorite game, the story mode is awsome! also I love to unlock and read codex, I learn more history from this game then from school.

My favorite moment is from story mode, so I will put it in spoiler tag

Spoiler
When in Avanti Savoia! Luca Vincenzo Cocchiol found his dead brother, it's really can show me how sad wars are, the entire compaign is super sad and well write, but this part was the strongest

I always play as Support in this game, since I love fixing stuff in video games, and I often got "most repairs" in operations

lastly, what I really want to see in the future is Battlefield getting a mobile game, I've got into many games, like Need for Speed and Dragon Age from the mobile version, I think a mobile battlefield gan bring lots of new players into this francise

Message 2 of 31 (2,351 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hello there!

So, let's begin:

• I saw a lot of reviews and videos about Battlefield 3 and then I decided, that I must play this game.   Scale of battle, a lot of weapons and vehicles and awesome maps.
  • For me it will be Battlefield 3, forever.  This is my first game where I met my first friends in Internet and spent a lot of time with them in Battlefield 3.
  • Unfortunately I can't remember my favorite moment, because I like tactical actions in shooters especially in Battlefield and I think this is a reason why I don't have favorite moments.  I apologize if I explained this moment bad.
  • I hope I won't see Battlefield in future setting. There are some reasons. Forgive me please Zipped lips

Thanks!

Message 3 of 31 (2,340 Views)

Hero (Retired)

So, first things first. My experience started with Battlefield 3. My memory is a bit blurry here, but I recall having two reasons for buying it:

1) Some of my clanmates from vanilla CoD and the clan I was in back in Hidden & Dangerous 2 got it

2) I got rid of my old PC around that time and really wanted to try out a brand new FPS.

Initially I was utter garbage at BF3, but after few hundred hours I got to the point where my performance was... well, passable. I really found my groove once I started using the crossbow.

My favorite game? BF4. sure, it had a rough start, but it really came around with time... plus, it created some prime opportunities for unusual playstyles that became my most characteristic point. Like hand flare kills.

On favorite moments, I will pick two from multiplayer. First one was an 8-man multikill with a hand flare on Lost Islands DOM. Second one happened recently... killing an armored train in BF1 with the Kolibri.

What do I hope to see? Well, return of WWII. I grew up with WWII shooters, so I would love to see them return with another decade  and a half of technological progress under the belt of developers.

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 4 of 31 (2,325 Views)

1. BF1942

2. BF1942  Lan parties with a bunch of friends and an insanely talented modding community

3. ...Unfortunately, i do not have one. Except those friday nights when we were gathered to a LAN party and had a lot of fun

4. Battlefield Korea  - you know that little war that happened in the fifties in the last century?! There are so few games in that setting, that you can basically number them on the fingers from one hand and still have fingers left uncounted.

After BF2142, i took a long break from the series and just recently started to play again. Of course, i suck big time, as my reflexes are pure garbage. Hand-eye coordination is even worseStandard smile

But...i can probably enjoy the games, though i imagine that my potential teammates will be pretty pissed.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 5 of 31 (2,317 Views)

Hero
  1. I was playing stuff like StarCraft, CS etc. and then suddenly a FPS arrives, BF1942, where I could both fly planes, steer submarines + ships and drive tanks and jeeps. It was such a surprise for everyone and it was soooo cool. I've been solving Battlefield technical issues since 1942 now, recieved some DICE friends dogtags etc. It's been good Standard smile
  2. Battlefield: Vietnam (not the DLC, the full game) and BF2. That's when the Danish BF scene was all gathered at the BFGEEKS website and there was a national league and meetups. Vietnam probably wins a little bit as I recall it as more fun although BF2 was better made.
  3. In BF3 in a plane I once dived between some trees and plowed over 7 dudes before going back up and shooting an enemy plane down. Now that was awesome Tongue out
  4. Music like BF: Vietnam. Soldiers with impeccable style - I want tophats, steampunk and colors. Plenty of community tools and freedom.

carbonic signature

Message 6 of 31 (2,303 Views)

EA DICE Team

@INicexixI @Its_Travis_199 @samurai_manny @IIDaZzuII @Revan2000s @1PatVach @trrespawn @Assassinatorgrz @calebthedude11 @Sherbe95 @jok3rzye @JediScum81 @theweeddoctor23 @tat2jon @mannos86 @INSIDER_NL @daryan1997 @FunkyReggae420 @MBGamer9 @scarypotato_o

Hi all,

As fans of Battlefield, I just wanted to make you aware that we've opened this thread on the Origin Community forums where you can discuss anything and everything Battlefield. If you're interested in non-tech discussion about the series, feel free to pop by! Standard smile

Cheers!

Message 7 of 31 (2,290 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice
For me it will be Battlefield Bad company 2, I loved the diversity of the game, one of my favourite moment had to be getting chased by a tank while I was driving a golf cart through a golf course, but battlefield 1 is an amazing game, the best one yet !

Have a great day

Robert
Message 8 of 31 (2,278 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi everyone!

I'm happy to share my experience with the battlefield franchise!

1. It was in late 2006, a friend of mine came to see me and to play some videogames and he asked me if i owned a battlefield game, but i had never heard of it. After some days, driven by the curiosity i went to the local games shop to buy a random Battlefield game, 2142 had been just released but instead of that they had Battlefield Vietnam. I bought it and it was love at first sight. Some weeks later i bought Battlefield 2142 and Battlefield 2 which i played simultaneously.  
  2. Hard question, in some way i love all the battlefield titles, but honestly the one i love the most is Battlefield 4, excluding the apocalyptic release it is now the most enjoyable, deep and balanced battlefield so far (battlefield 3 is the second), and sadly the one i love the less is Battlefield 1.
  3. I can't remember, i had so many...
  4. In the future i expect a deep, fun and fully customizable experience where nothing is superficial or leaved to the case.

Regards

Se il post di qualcuno ti è stato d'aiuto, lascia un punto XP ➕
Se il post di qualcuno ha risolto il problema, ricordati di segnarlo come soluzione affinchè altri possano trarne aiuto. ✔

Message 9 of 31 (2,252 Views)

EA DICE Team

@mathematics654

Did you know that @Babyhuehnchen is also a big support / medic fan? :D

@ivrognard

That's an interesting topic to bring up - the Korean war. I actually knew very little about it until I watched a documentary some time ago. I think it's an interesting conflict, but even more so because the war is technically still ongoing.

@FunkyReggae420

Bad Company 2 is probably the most fun I've ever had with sniping in a game.. :-)

Message 10 of 31 (2,252 Views)