Sims 3 download issues

by leahmay74

Original Post

Sims 3 download issues

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hello, Since I reinstalled Origin and it updated, my library extra content menu is no longer available. My base game is in my library but nothing else. I uninstalled and reinstalled a few times. Restarted my computer.(PC) I cleared the cache. repaired sims 3 base game a few times. I uninstalled Origin and installed EA app. Viola all my expansions show, but they wouldn't download. I did uninstall all my expansion and stuff packs and tries to download again through EA app, but I will get an error something's gone haywire and the games will queue but through download manager they won't download. So I reinstalled Origin again but still no extra content menu, no game pack menu, no menus in my library.

I enter sims 3 in the top left search bar, of course the game shows up and underneath shows all the expansions and stuff packs with a green tag overlaying the cover image saying purchased, I click on one of the expansions and it takes me to a page that says you own this content, view in library, I click on that and nothing in library except the base game.

I was on with EA advisors a couple times today, they didn't help. So even if I wanted or needed to start from scratch, completely cleaning my files on my pc, I wouldn't be able to because I can't download my games. Purchase history shows I purchased them all from EA. 

I'm a 48 year old mom, crying like a 5 year Devil old tbh. I have hours upon hours of game time with important saves. I would just like to download the expansions and stuff packs I purchased. I need help

Also, I log into the right account, I have no other account. I’ve done everything I possibly can on my end.

Message 3 of 86 (2,216 Views)

I Bought Sims 3 expansions for windows and they are on 64 bit sims?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

===============

I haven't played The sims 3 on windows origin for a few months, I had bought some of the expansions before ON WINDOWS so I could live my sim life x-x

I come back and all of my expansions are in the sims 3 64 Bit version and it can only be played on mac. I don't even own a mac... SOOOO do I have to repurchase all my packs 

or what happened?? I know there was an update but I didn't really read it.. I just wanna play again... 

I'm not sure why where "hours played" are 0 and 1 hour when I've played MANY hours of it.. I've tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it also origin too so..  nothing has worked so far.

Message 1 of 86 (1,868 Views)

Re: I Bought Sims 3 expansions for windows and they are on 64 bit sims?

@_LeTorixD_  When you buy (or already own) a Sims 3 pack, you have the right to play both the Windows and Mac versions.  I'm not sure why your packs disappeared from the Windows version, but you'll need to contact EA customer support to fix it.  Ask that the "entitlements," as they're called, for the Windows versions of the missing packs be added to your account.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

You may have better luck with EA Help on Twitter or Facebook.

If you don't get anywhere with support, let me know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 86 (1,855 Views)

Re: Since I reinstalled Origin, my library extra content menu is no longer avail

Community Manager

What did our live support team advise @leahmay74?

Are you sure that you're logged into the correct account?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 86 (2,198 Views)

Re: Since I reinstalled Origin, my library extra content menu is no longer avail

★ Guide

Hi, yes I’m logged into the right account. The advisors just got me to try uninstalling, reinstalling, clearing cache. That’s it. I did try all the other things I mentioned above. I don’t have another account. Also like I said when I log into EA app all my expansions are there but won’t download. Origin app they’re not there. 

Message 5 of 86 (2,181 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko I'm having the exact same issue with FIFA 23.. cannot access it from my origin library. cannot currently launch the game :l
Message 6 of 86 (2,154 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @leahmay74 ffrom what you describe it's most likely the case that you have multiple EA accounts and are logged into a secondary account. The best thing to do is log out of your Origin account and then on the sign-in page hit forgot password and enter any email accounts that you may have. If there is an account linked to that email then you will receive an email prompting you to reset your password. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 86 (2,148 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Darko  I’m logging into the same account I’ve always had. I don’t have any other accounts. At any rate the case is that the menus are not there in the library. The extra content menu The game packs menu etc are not there. Should i take screenshot ? My credentials have been the same for years. I’m in the right account. 

Message 8 of 86 (2,126 Views)

@leahmay74  A screenshot would be great.  Please also try resizing the window of the Origin app itself (left/right) to see whether that helps bring up more options.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 9 of 86 (2,117 Views)

★ Guide

Hi @puzzlezaddict  okay I’ll take a screenshot and do what you suggested.. posting soon thanks 🙏 

Message 10 of 86 (2,111 Views)