Origin won’t download

by xo771h8x9t99

Original Post

Origin won’t download

★★★ Newbie
  • I have just bought sims 4 and it said it would work for my laptop. However AFTER my purchase it said that I had to download origin to play it. I tried to download origin but it won’t download 
Message 1 of 2 (157 Views)

Re: Origin won’t download

@xo771h8x9t99  What happens when you try to download or install Origin?  If you're getting the MSVCP140.dll or VCRUNTIME140.dll error, that means you need to install the newest visual C++ runtimes, which Sims 4 and Origin both use.  So please uninstall your current versions, if you have them, and install fresh copies.  Hit Windows key-i, select Apps, scroll down to the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables, click on any version from 2015 or later, and select Uninstall.  Don't touch the older versions.  You can download the newest runtimes directly from Microsoft:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170

You'll need both the x86 and x64 versions of the 2015-2022 runtimes, but you can skip the ARM version, which is for a different class of device.  Restart your computer after installing and before trying to install Origin.

If you're getting a different error, please post a screenshot.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (119 Views)